Thread: Shout out to BadAxe

Blog Entries

Shout out to BadAxe

As I have mentioned in the past, I'm a fan of my BadAxe back saws. Mark turns out a great product that is truly a joy to use.

But when he isn't turning out new products he also offers restoration and sharpening services. Mostly I sharpen my own, but a while back I sent Mark a couple of old saws for some of his special attention. They are a couple of old Distons, a D-23 and a Victory, that I inherited when my father died back in 1968. Now, I'm making a set of furniture for a nursery for my soon to be born granddaughter. As I was selecting boards I thought it would be neat to involve some of her great grandfather's tools. So I pulled out the D-23 and used it to cut the various boards to length. Thanks to Mark, that old D-23 slices through 8/4 hard sugar maple like it's a white pine 1x4.

There is a great deal of pleasure to be found in the use of well cared for and tuned hand tools. I cannot thank Mark enough for bringing my father's old saws back to life..
    - Mike

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I like BadAxe too!
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Another fan of the saws and Mark here.