Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ULS Software Laser Interface

Bill, I think, and I could be wrong, but I think the M and V models worked more like print drivers. You printed a job from the computer and it was physically transferred to the laser. With the VLS, PLS, and ILS, I think that's when they switched over to having the computer actually drive the machine. I think on the M and V series, you can send a job over, unplug the computer and the machine will still run. On the VLS,PLS, ILS, it won't, the computer is actually helping run the machine in real time.

I'm not familiar with the V series, but I do know the M series has a reputation of being a work horse in it's time. It's slow, but those things just ran and ran and ran. Universal makes nice machines and are well built.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

My V-400 built in 2001 runs as Steve said, print from graphic program as a printer. Once you turn off machine there is no files stored as newer systems. My also runs at 40 IPS and next release around 2002 ULS released V-460 and those had increased speed of ~75 IPS but were also print driver based.

In any case please do contact ULS and get it sorted out.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Info from ULS said no to the Job control software for this Legacy machine. I am becoming more impressed everyday with the Support at this company. Of course the smart folks on here are a big Plus!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Bill,

That V460 machine will serve you well for long time. Even if you need to exchange the tube it will be cost effective in a long run.
    Good luck with it.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Bill, the knowledge at Universal is deep. You have a lot of people that have been there for a long time and they have a ton of knowledge of how things evolved and how things work. Some of their tech support people have been there since we bought our laser, I guess in the 2008 time frame, and they were there before that, so they've seen a lot of things.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.