Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Well, another weekend has come and gone. Temps were ok this weekend, just didn't get any shop time this weekend.

Friday was work at "work" and I also got all the plywood in and solid wood stock for the cabinets I'm going to build for our church. They asked for a bid, I gave them one within their budget and I got it. Silly me, next time I'll bid even higher!!!!

Saturday was helping Mark for a few hours on hanging 7/16" OSB on the ceiling of his new shop. We figured out that we ain't as young as we used to be and that cutting every single sheet for lights, pull-down stairs or something was a lot of work. It'll be nice when it's done though!!!!!

Sunday was church and then visit with some friends of ours, family night and then off to bed. Today starts another week at work.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I packed about 30 boxes...moved the old cedar bookshelves into the shop for a stain job so they'd match the new armoire (Rustic pine restained to my liking).

Other than that I spent about 7 hours on appointments & estimates this weekend.

Dennis I know the feeling...one of the reasons I am about to remove cabinetry from our little business. The other reason is we are entering the fray of the home and garden show here this September. Decks and outdoor structures have always been my forte and we're about to start specializing in them.

Good luck with the cabinets, I know they'll turn out very nicely!

I would like to be able to say that we had a nice weekend, but the girls returned to Russia on Saturday, so it was pretty bleak. (You can read more in our BLOG at http://a-j-adopt.blogspot.com ...please do not take up this thread with comments) We did have some nice moments on Sunday, both visiting Joanne Adler's new property (and a shop to drool over...she'll post pics soon..my desk is still wet from the dripping off my lower lip) as well as a nice visit from Martin Shupe and family. I will hopefully start to get back in the shop as I have some projects that need done, while working around some necessary home projects.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Saturday Terry Hatfield came to help with my DC install. I really think he got me over the hump with the ducting. He may think we didn't get very far due to lack of fittings and blast gates, but let me tell you, after he redesigned the ducting as it enters the shop, everything seemed to fall into place very nicely.
    Sunday was spent helping a friend prepare a house to be moved. Then I worked at building more blast gates.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I got to put the better part of a day in the shop Saturday. The AC has made such a difference. I mostly just plundered, cleaned tools and made myself familair with their operatiion. I am still tool collecting and setting up my shop albeit ever so slow for me, I am making progress as time and health permits.

I am about to embark on what I hope to be one of the last major shop tool projects by making 2 flip stands which should complete the final shop set up phase and every tool will be mobile and have it's own place to live. After those are finished, I hope I can make something worthwhile for family and friends. It has been almost 9 months since I began putting my shop together and it is finally taking shape. I will up some pictures as soon as I am comfortable that is picture worthy.

I'm glad to see Jim Becker has recovered from his Mar's expedition

Hope everyone else had a most wonderful weekend.

The only thing close to WWing this weekend for me was I replaced the crappy crass door knobs in my basement with nice brushed steel ones.

The rest of the weekend consisted of mowing the lawn, cleaning out a 10x20 stortage facility and filling my garage with it. That will be the staging center till I can get all the stuff put back into the house.

I did try out Netflix with my first movie...Life Aquatic, strange but funny.

Went to a friends B-day party and ate, drank and was merry. Finally, scored ona bunch of knobs for $1/ea at Home Expo. They close in 7 days, pretty pciked over but did find one style I liked and bought 50....saved about $250.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Well, I finally opened the shop doors for the first time in 3 weeks. They were stuck together and I didn't think I was ever going to get them to release. I just thought the paint had throroughly dried. Did about 4 hours of clean up on Sat., then finished on Sunday. Spent a lot of time sitting in a chair looking at the north wall...finally decided how to do the DC closet and got the 2 side walls framed in for that, and the ceiling joist modified for the duct work coming up from the unit. Now to decide to bolt the cyclone to the shop wall, or build a separate stand for it to moint on inside the closet. Decisions, decisions.
    Jim.

Got a good start on finishing the buffet with several applications of BLO. Wednesday I'll put on shellac then Thursday some wipe on poly for durability. Need to have it done by the weekend.

Other than that I got the "new" computer moved to my shop. I'm doing the PC shuffle--new main PC, moved the old one to the shop and I am going to give my daughter the old shop one.

This was a motorcycle weekend for me...went to the 1/2 mile flattrack race at Goshen IN on Saturday, then participated in a dual sport ride Sunday. I used to be a pretty good flattracker, and I've ridden quite a bit on the street, but never much trail riding. Let me tell you, I'm a lousy trail rider! I made it less than halfway through the first 37 mile loop, acting as a moving roadblock the whole way, before I dumped it down a hill and broke my clutch perch.

Even with a broken machine and a short day you couldn't have gotten the smile off my face with a jackhammer.

No-picture gloat...

Spent most of the weekend huddled inside, hiding from the Heat Monster.

But it wasn't a complete waste, Friday was my last day at work: I'm now officially retired!

I didn't get near as much framing done as I had hoped. Between a couple of honey-do's and a few other family obligations, I was only able to frame one wall. I did, however, finish up my wiring plan. I'm going to post it to my Basement Finishing thread as soon as I get it scanned. Rest assured, I will be calling on the collective electrical knowledge of this forum to help me solve an issue that I think may be unsolvable.

Keith

We held our first yard sale. I set up the lathe in front of the garage and turned some pens and did a lot of public relations for the FPP. Bill Noce stopped by, He has attended the 3 Turn a Thons we had in the Cleveland area last year. I received a lot of donations , which will let me order some more kits. A nice lady from the News- Hearld, that covers parts of 4 counties, stopped by and liked the pens and went back and got her camera and interviewed me about the FPP. I'm not sure when it will be published.
    ( I don't think we could go through another yard sale)
    Earl

Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Finally got the living room remodel done, so I got some lathe time on Saturday - after picking 8 quarts of blueberries at a local PYO place.

I made a bowl from a piece of box-elder and a bottle stopper from a piece of apple wood.

Sunday - we went to my wife's favorite nursery - the Equinox Valley Nursery in Manchester, VT. On the way we had lunch at one of my favorite resteraunts "Zoie's Double-Hex" Resteraunt, also in Manchester (they make their own potato chips - man are they great!). My wife picked up 7 daylilly plants and I picked up 2 more raspberry plants to add to my patch. Spent the rest of the afternoon doing yard work.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Bought a new shop! Oh yeah, and a new house, too! Of course, Jim Becker couldn't stand it and had to come see even before tools and furniture were in place. Alison said he drooled all the way up the driveway. It was fun to have visitors so soon--especially 2 such neat friends. And Jim just happened to have a beautifully turned box elder bowl for my new house. What a great guy! I was glad to put a few smiles on Jim & Alison's faces, after they had to say goodbye to the girls the day before.

Let's see if I can get this right the first time with picture posting, since I don't do it often.
    Attached Images Attached Images