Thread: Question: Purchasing A Laser - Discounts at Conventions/Expos?

Question: Purchasing A Laser - Discounts at Conventions/Expos?

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here, but I have been browsing for a little while now - I hope this is allowed for this section. I have been planning to buy an Epilog laser for a over a year now and have done a good amount of research on the machines themselves (I started by meeting with a local rep last year - I am ~5 miles away from the distributor in Arizona).

I read in a few places that if you go to conventions or expos, you can purchase lasers and other equipment/supplies at a discount. I originally had it in mind to order from my local rep either at the end of this month, or early April. But, if there is a substantial price cut when ordering at a convention, I will consider putting it off until a convention that I am aware of, which is in May. Since I am a currently going as a smaller one-man operation, I don't have a ton of money to throw around, so even 5-10% off of $25,000 would be a nice reduction.

So, my question currently is dealing with that price point. From experience, as it seems a lot of you have been around this way longer than I have, does it appear that one could expect to see decent price reductions at these conventions versus just ordering at any random time?

I appreciate any knowledge that can be offered - thanks!

Yes, one could expect a much better price at a show, in my experiences. You seem to get better pricing and they seem to be more willing to throw things in.

The next big show that I know of is the ISA show in Las Vegas the second week of April. That would be a good one, as it's a huge show.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.