Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polylines

Polylines

In corel x5 is there an easy way to identify open polylines. maybe a way to make them stand out so you can close them.
    or just a way to say close all open polylines?

I went back and tried all the options in join curves and still says theres open lines
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 03-07-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

"Join Curves" from the Join docker. Just put in the gap value that's okay to join and hit apply.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks Scott
    I did do that but it still says Ihave open polylines maybe I have to make the gap more. I'll try increasing the gap.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Yes Bert, that's exactly how you solve that. You're on the right track.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

That didn't work I made the gap .35 from .25 and it still says I have an open. I can't see it anywhere.driving me nuts
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Are you in millimeters? .1 different in mm isn't much. Make it .5 and see if that closes it.

Bert when I work in AutoCAD and in Coral I have my snap set to like maybe 1mm or sometimes less. Then when I draw something it always Snaps to the endpoint or whatever I am close to. In ACAD I can set it to Snap to Endpoint, Center or whatever. I don't think you can do that in Corel.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Scott
    I'm working in Inches

Bill
    I can snap to these and there all checked LOL snap to.jpg
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

You put in .35 inches and it wouldn't close the gap? Can you post the file (X5 compatible please)?

Thads Flag 5.cdr
    this is driving me crazy i've tried every thing I can think of must be some stupid little thing I'm missing here

Ya Know what I'm so frustrated with this I'm canning the project I do something different. it should be this hard to get a flag to engrave and look like a flag. I've worked on this file sine 7 am today engraved it at least 30 times on paper and it hasn't come out right yet. I'M DONE!!!!!
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 03-07-2015 at 6:11 PM.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I looked at it in X6, is this a Trace? Lots of short and not connected lines. Curious as why your working in Inches and the machine is Metric. That would really screw things up for me.
    Anyway I think your going to have to go in and extend all the lines by hand. Unless Scott has a better idea.

Was it a BMP or JPG file and could you post it before things got changed?
    Last edited by Bill George; 03-07-2015 at 6:21 PM.

Bill I don't see anylines that aren't connected

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I looked at it in X6, is this a Trace? Lots of short and not connected lines. Curious as why your working in Inches and the machine is Metric. That would really screw things up for me.
    Anyway I think your going to have to go in and extend all the lines by hand. Unless Scott has a better idea.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Thads Flag 5-exploded.cdr

Bert, that's pretty simple to explain. Look at the drawing I have attached. You've got 3 or 4 objects with huge gaps in them, some of them were behind other lines. That's where your issues are.

Just a a point of reference, the Smartfill tool would make that a couple minute fix at most.

Take a look. Hang in there, I know it's frustrating, but it'll get easier.
    Last edited by Scott Shepherd; 03-07-2015 at 6:42 PM. Reason: fixed your instead of you're

That's what I was seeing.

Thanks guys but I give up at least for today 7 hours to make a flag engrave just not worth it.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander