Thread: multi v pulley

multi v pulley

I am trying to find a multi v pulley like is on a Nova 1624. I am changing motors and need one with a 5/8 shaft size. It does not have to be 8 step. I can stack single pulleys if I have to. I am changing the lathe to vs with a 3 hp motor. Any help would be appreciated. I tried google but didn't find any. Thanks

Try using step pulley millions come up, Amazon, e-bay.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

I find that Zoro Tools (Zoro.com) is a good source for components like this. Their search engine is not the greatest, but product pricing, quality and availability are very good, once you find what you're looking for.

Ken

If you try to stack individual pulleys , will the motor shaft be long enough? Any possibility of having a machinist bore out the original pulley?
    I know the voices in my head aren't real but boy do they come up with some good ideas !
    People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love. - Claude Monet

I need a multi v step pulley not just a v step pulley. The pulley I have is metric and is larger then the 5/8 shaft of the motor.
    Last edited by Larry Matchett; 03-09-2015 at 3:47 PM.

Larry,
    I had the same question posted a few times and got no helpful responses. You want the stepped micro-v/j pulleys like they use for evey lathe out there now. I looked into buying some pulleys from Rikon or Jet (from their midi lathes) and having a bushing added to fit as necessary. In the end I ended up with some stepped Maska CI pulleys from Electric Motor Site.com

Good luck,
    Dick
    Last edited by Dick Strauss; 03-10-2015 at 9:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Matchett View Post
    I need a multi v step pulley not just a v step pulley. The pulley I have is metric and is larger then the 5/8 shaft of the motor.

Your best bet is to have a bushing fit into the one you have and then made to fit the 5/8 shaft, a machine chop could doe this easily and at less cost than a new Pulley IMO.
    Have fun and take care