My 5000 Chosera finally arrived after over a month of waiting, and I picked it up from the PO on the way out of town. I got back and just opened it- UGH!!! They sent the one with the plastic base on it. I hate the plastic base. The ad clearly said WITHOUT base! I could live with it, but it doesn't fit in my storage drawer, and- well I just don't like it. Has anyone tried removing it? I thought I might saw it off and then flatten the stone to remove any glue. I don't even care if that side remains glue saturated and can't be used. It also screws up my jig I was making with a sliding bar that would hold five stones all in a row so I can quickly go from grit to grit.

I just tried heating just the base with hot water, but was afraid to damage the stone so I didn't try very hard. I think I am going to take it to the shop and use a table saw set to leave a fraction of a mm and then sand the remaining off.

Why not send it back? It would cost a lot and take months to get another one. I would rather just make do with this one.