Thread: Triton 2.25hp router problem

Triton 2.25hp router problem

Does anyone out there have a Triton router? Mine is about 2 years old and it starting to cut out, and it smells like something is burning. I am not sure where to find parts to fix it and like everything else, it will cost more to fix than replace. Up until now it has been a great router.

I have a Triton 3 1/4 HP that has worked amazingly. I'm sorry to hear about yours. If you find anything out on how to fix or where to find parts, please post the info. I'm fearing the day i turn mine on and smell the "I'm dying" smell. . .good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Walden View Post
    Does anyone out there have a Triton router? Mine is about 2 years old and it starting to cut out, and it smells like something is burning. I am not sure where to find parts to fix it and like everything else, it will cost more to fix than replace. Up until now it has been a great router.
    http://www.toolsparesonline.com/cate...22-triton.aspx

I sent them a email, we will see what happens.

Do you know where you smell the burning from? From the router or from the bit? Could be a dull bit too.

When any of my variable speed power tools cut out or speed changes on it's own ,I always blow some compressed air in or around the switch and the speed control,it usually fixes the problem,have you tried that?

Update on router problem. The top bearing went out and the smell was the case melting, so that is pretty much the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Walden View Post
    Update on router problem. The top bearing went out and the smell was the case melting, so that is pretty much the end of that.
    You can't get the parts?

That link in post #3 looks like they have a lot of different parts.