Thread: Woodworking Calculator for Android

Woodworking Calculator for Android

I was thinking earlier that it would be nice to have a woodworking-specific calculator on my phone, one that will add fractional measurement, etc. I went looking on the Google Play store and came up empty, I'll check the Amazon store later, but has anyone found such a thing for Android? There was one but it was a general handyman app, stuffed full of ads and the calculator was no different than the one that comes with the phone.

I found a fraction-capable calculator app for my Android phone called Fraction Calculator Plus by DigitalAlchemy and there are some others. Do a search for "fraction calculator". Non woodworking-specific per se.

This is the only one I could find that looked useful. I've had it about two years. Very useful to me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...woodshop&hl=en

Tony
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

Thanks, I'll take a look at those when I get home. I know I didn't look very hard but you'd assume they'd just be there.

I use "handyman calculator" from the play store and it works great. Does fractions, board feet, etc. Saved mu butt last week converting millimeters into inches

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cenicola View Post
    I use "handyman calculator" from the play store and it works great. Does fractions, board feet, etc. Saved mu butt last week converting millimeters into inches
    +1 The best tool there is.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Learn the decimal equivalents. Or, most scientific calculators have a fraction option.

1"=25.4mm

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cenicola View Post
    Handyman Calculator, use it almost always since nothing I ever do stays within the original measurements. I can convert anything with that app, and amaze my friends.
    Do like you always do,,,,,get what you always get!!

I like and use the Handyman Calculator like others I also have Construction Master Pro and I use that a lot. Construction Master Pro is not free but I really like it for working with fractions, I have a handheld model of it also,