Hello-
I am still waiting to buying a cleavue cyclone but I want to do it next month since a little birdy told me there will be a sale in april. Dont know maybe they have sale in april every year?!?! But as for now I decided to hang in there using my little jet dc1100.

I was wondering if anyone knows the proper way to inspect a canister or cartridge filter. We know that like everything else they have a limited life (as long as that might be), and some of us have unknowingly damaged them by improper cleaning techniques.
I did some research and all I could find was in a professional industrial cleaning service site where they state that they put a light bulb inside the filter, move it up and down and look for spots where the light gets through. Is that how we should do it? I have not tried that yet but when I look inside of my canister filter from underneath I can see light coming through in many areas for sure. I can't tell if they are tiny holes or the material is just thiner in some spots. I kinda feel they are tiny holes though. I have not done high pressure air cleaning but my jet dc1100 is one of the cone-less ones which brings me to my next question:

could anyone post the diameter and depth of the cone on the newer jet dc1100 or dc1200 collectors.

After long period of not even selling the part jet sold it for a short period of time but after a short while they decided to change the name of part number and up the price from $33 to $113. So I would like to build one instead. For some strange reason Jet's clever idea does not make me want to buy a whole new jet dust collector as this idea was perhaps intended to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.