Thread: Bandsaw

Bandsaw

I just noticed this craigslist sale ad that shows several tools, among them a Jet bandsaw for $200. No other info on the bandsaw. Does anyone recognize the bandsaw model, and is $200 worth it for this saw? I have a 12" Sears TTB bandsaw now, but I'm hping to upgrade to a better bandsaw.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/tls/4933417375.html

Thanks
    Steve

For $200, that will be much better than what you have.
    For $524 and free delivery you can get a Grizzly 0555LANV with cast iron wheels.
    For $750 plus tax you can get the Rikon 10-325 from Sears.
    For $900 or so you can get an 18" from Grizzly.
    For $1000 you can get the Laguna 1412 without a blade from woodcraft.

All of these are better than your 12".

Steve I sent you a PM regarding a bandsaw I am going to be selling.

While I have never use a Jet bandsaw but I have and use several Delta/Rockwell,their design looks so close to each other.I don't really see that the performance being that much of a difference.One of the problems of buying used or new is the wheels being as close as possible turning perfectly in a circle.Even the cast iron ones could have alittle wobble to it.I say take a look,remove the covers and turn it on then make a simple cut and watch the blade.If motor is no less than 1/3hp,1/2 is what I would like to see and watch both pulleys to see if they are very close to being concentric.If all is pretty good then go for it sounds like a very good deal for a 14"BS

If you have to ask the question, then wait for an answer, it will be gone by the time you decide to buy it.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

That Craftsman 22124 might be a decent deal as well.
    earl