Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Favorite Customer Conversations - Add Yours

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Stone View Post
    Please tell us that you asked him "How do you like THEM apples?"
    Chuck, you know me, you know I can't post my words to him without getting banned from here...LOL
    Some people go their whole life wondering if they made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem.(R. Reagan)

Epilog Helix 60 watt laser
    Corel Draw X5
    EngraveLab 8

Mother comes in with Wedding Toasting Glasses to be engraved. Very nice, high end silver wine goblets. " Can you engrave these with Names and Date, I would like to give them to my daughter for Christmas"........ me: "Not a problem" ( hold that thought) ... she provides names , date and selects font. The glasses are engraved.. she loves them, pays and leaves.........Christmas comes and when we open in the New Year she is the first one through the door..... " my daughter loved the glasses but you engraved the wrong date...... I pull the order and showed her the information she wrote down. (not just a day or two off but month and day).... "Well, can you erase the date and re-engrave the new information" Why didn't I think of that... a Silver eraser! "Sorry but that is not how engraved silver works" customer: "Well I want these glasses.. do what it takes to fix them." $250 later... shipping and replating and re-engrave... I call her and tell they are ready.......... She sees them and is pleased..... tell her the price and she hits the roof..... explain the steps taken, the process of plating.. yada, yada. Her reply.. "I just wanted the date removed and fixed, not the entire glass"....... I gave her credit for the first engraving .........but now require all wedding gifts they wish to be engraved to be presented with the actual wedding announcement. This was the third in 20 years .... you would think I would learn.... but better yet the customer would know the spelling and date of such an important date.......
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pabia View Post
    Chuck, you know me, you know I can't post my words to him without getting banned from here...LOL

I imagine that just getting nose-to-nose with him would have solved any problem..
    Avatar courtesy of the awesome Frank Corker
    30w Mercury and workbench so full of misc. tools that
    I can't find any of them. So I have to buy them again.

I think we have all heard this one before:

Thanks for the quote however it is looking a bit too expensive. If you could please lower the price on this order we would be looking to cut a range of other orders of up to 10,000 units. Are you able to provide a better price?
    Vector Etch Laser Cutting & Engraving
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Trotec Speedy 360 120W
    Trotec Speedy 100 60W