Thread: Shaker knob source

Shaker knob source

I'm essentially finished with a small (10x16x27) cherry table but I can't seem to locate a source for a cherry Shaker style drawer pull. I can't make one. I've never turned and don't have a lathe, so I have to get a ready made knob. I don't want a meal knob.

I need something fairly small. Perhaps a 3/4" projection maybe 1" tops. I found a couple with larger pulls, but I can't use a 2" dia pull on this tiny table.
    Last edited by Daniel Rode; 03-20-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    -- Dan Rode

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

LV has a hardware catalog. Van Dykes has a good selection. Whitechapel and Horton Brass. I've never ordered from Horton Brass but have heard of them. Ive ordered from Whitechapel but can't remember if ya need to be in business or not, I think they give a discount to the trades.

Edit: Have you a drill press? Or maybe a drill you could clamp down or otherwise steady?
    Last edited by Judson Green; 03-20-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

You should also look at Shaker Workshops (shakerworkshops.com). I just received a batch of Shaker wall pegs from them and they are excellent quality, very reasonably priced, and arrived quickly.

4. Judson recommended a really nice selection.

http://www.whitechapel-ltd.com/categ...WOOcherry.html

Quote Originally Posted by Judson Green View Post
    LV has a hardware catalog. Van Dykes has a good selection. Whitechapel and Horton Brass. I've never ordered from Horton Brass but have heard of them. Ive ordered from Whitechapel but can't remember if ya need to be in business or not, I think they give a discount to the trades.

Edit: Have you a drill press? Or maybe a drill you could clamp down or otherwise steady?

Forgot about CSH. I don't usually buy hardware from em, but as they're just down the street, when making cabinets for a living, I'd buy drawer slides, glue, screws and such from em. Nice folks.
    Last edited by Judson Green; 03-20-2015 at 12:25 PM.
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

I have used these folks for Shaker projects. http://niceknobs.com/

I appreciate the tips. Looks like I either need to buy in bulk or pay $10 to ship a $2 knob. I may have to find a way to make knob.
    -- Dan Rode

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

I will either send you one I already have or make you one. They are very easy to make. I will send you a PM
    TB