Thread: Bandsaw blade discover

Bandsaw blade discover

Not sure who all knows about these but I ordered some Cook bandsaw one-inch blades for my new 513 Grizzly. I've been using TW blades and a few others mentioned on the forum. Haven't used the WS blade, so can't comment on it. The price for the Cook blades were considerably lower than other blades I've bought. And man, did I say sharp?! Very, sharp and I've cut quite a number of logs with bark on and am still on my first blade. From my expereince so far, these blades hold their sharpness very well, much better than the TW's did under the same cutting conditions. Five blades sent to my door were less than $100.00. Thought I'd pass this on in case some of you all don't know about them. I'm not affiliated with them in any way. Just by chance discovered them when researching bs blades. So decided to give them a go, and am glad I did.

Cook, like other vendors buy rolls of coil blade stock from Starret, Lenox, Olsen, and others. They then cut and weld their own brand of blades. Our local industrial distributor makes up BS blades for customers. I order my blades from Woodcraftbands. Call them in the AM, and next day they are on my back porch.

I'll give them(and OP) a big thumbs up......their experience and willingness to share engineering data is fantastic.

It's my undestanding that the owner has his own sharpening and blade blend? May be a misunderstanding on my part. The blades I got from them were far superior than my previous Olson blades I've used on my 14-inch bs. I ordered them on Tue., got the on Thur.