Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly table saw owners

Grizzly table saw owners

I have been planning to buy the G1023 RLX (50 rip, 3HP) cabinet saw and just looked at the website and they now have the GO 691 (50 rip, 3HP) on sale. The list price on the 691 is $1595 and on sale for $1250. The RLX is $1575.

I can't remember the exact reason but, after doing a search a few weeks back, I had it in my mind that I should go with the RLX...might have been because of where is was made, the trunion, just not sure.

Question is, to Grizz owners, do any of you have the 691 or have knowledge as to why I should stay away from it. The idea of saving this kind of money does appeal to me.

Thanks for any help

I have the G0690 (same saw minus extension) and love it. I went for the G0690 over the G1023RL because of the superior motor (Leeson vs. Brand X) and I didn't want the dust shroud after reading some reviews. I suspect you'll be very happy with either saw, but the promo price on the G0691 is very attractive.

I have the G0691 and I love it. I bought it in 2008 and have had no problems with it whatsoever. It's a great saw! I too chose it for the Leeson motor and the many positive reviews at the time. I would say you would be happy with either saw but the $1250 price on the G0691 is cheaper than what I paid for it in 2008 ($1295)!

I have the g1023rl. I love it. My friend was going to get one also. With the sale price I think he is going to get the g0690. I can't give him one good reason not to.

Have had a 0691 for a few years now, before there was a 1023rlx. I don't think either saw is SIGNIFICANTLY different or better, so I would chose to save the cash! $325 will get you a ZCI, extra good blade, maybe even a decent dado set.

I have a G0691 that I've had for about 2 years. I went through the comparison between it and the 1023. I didn't decide until I was looking at them in the Grizzly showroom. I believe I would have been happy with either, but I really like the 691 I bought. I've had no problems at all.

I have a 1023. The differences between the 690 and 1023 models are pretty minimal. I think the 1023 is a newer design but they both work pretty much the same and both have a very loyal owners. Bottom line - you can't really go wrong either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brandstetter View Post
    I have been planning to buy the G1023 RLX (50 rip, 3HP) cabinet saw and just looked at the website and they now have the GO 691 (50 rip, 3HP) on sale. The list price on the 691 is $1595 and on sale for $1250. The RLX is $1575.

I can't remember the exact reason but, after doing a search a few weeks back, I had it in my mind that I should go with the RLX...might have been because of where is was made, the trunion, just not sure.

Question is, to Grizz owners, do any of you have the 691 or have knowledge as to why I should stay away from it. The idea of saving this kind of money does appeal to me.

Thanks for any help
    I have the Shop Fox W1820, which is simply a G0691 with a different paint job. I got it from a local woodworking store as I didn't live near Springfield, MO like I do now and shipping a Grizzly-branded unit would have been much more difficult than getting the Shop Fox version locally. I've had it a couple of years and it is an excellent saw. I do use the long rip fence for ripping plywood. One thing that I would highly recommend with the saw is the mobile base, which requires the separate extension kit for the long fence. You're not going to move the saw without a hoist or a tractor/skid loader/forkift without it.

I have the G0690, very pleased with it's performance.

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses. Going to place the order tomorrow. Excited to go from my Ridgid of 10+ good years to a 3 horse cab saw.

I have the 1023Rlwx. One thing I liked about it when making my decision was it having a single serpentine belt rather than three matched-size belts. For $325 difference I would probably have bought the G0691

Bill
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Great Saw.

Very happy owner of G0691 since 2010. No problems.

Looks like they changed the sale price. As soon as I saw this post I went to check out price on the G0690. It was listed at $1,195. Went back a few hours later and the sale prices were changed.

I've got a 2008 Shop Fox W1677, which is the same as the former Griz G1023SL....the design is actually closer to that of the G0690, but it came with the same fence that's on the current G1023RL (Shop Fox Classic). It's been a great saw, and has given me no trouble whatsoever. Intuitively, I like the updated design of the new G1023RL with the vertical screw thread, dovetail ways and updated poly belt, but I can't think of any reason for you to not get whichever of those two saws you want....the swing arm design with the triple belt drive has been great.

The rip capacity of either of the smaller saws can be increased by about 10" by sliding the front rail to the right by one bolt hole....
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brandstetter View Post

Thanks for any help
    Is Grizzly changing their sale prices day to day? Just checked the site and the GO690 is $1399 & GO691 is $1475.

I'd like to catch a sale this spring on the G1023, but either model would make me happy