Thread: Lasercut 5.3 communication issue- Help!

Lasercut 5.3 communication issue- Help!

Hello,
    I have a Rabbit Laser that I bought about 9 months ago and am having problems this afternoon with the Lasercut. The laser has been great and the service from Ray and Carole has been great!

I have been using the machine all morning and this afternoon I have been getting "The communication is broken for timeout. Please close and open the output window and retry" and also "MotionCard- Softdog no same!' Which has prevented me from getting my work done.

I tried unplugging the cable to the laser and plugging it back in with no luck, I shut down and rebooted the computer an unplugged and plugged in the dongle but still with no success. I was wondering if somebody out there could help me get this solved?

Thank you for any suggestions!

I get that message sometimes when the usb gets unplugged. Sounds like you did all the checks ,maybe try a different usb cable. Try unplugging the control pad and operate right from lasercut on computer., Try different usb slot for the dongle and the cable
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert, Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a try. I had a problem with the same about a week ago and I rebooted and it worked fine. I don't know if it was coincidence or not or I moved enough things around. Never fails as I have a bunch of work i am trying to get caught up on.

With USB dongle, we tend to leave it safely plugged in at all times, it is also worth removing and give a light spray with CRC-25 to lubricate contacts electrically. Amos
    Good better best, never let it rest, til your good is better and your better best.
    Omni Pro 3000 with 80watt Laser tube
    Gravograph M 20+