Thread: Canadian Marble/Granite Suppliers

Canadian Marble/Granite Suppliers

I'm looking for a granite/marble Canadian supplier that offers anything thicker than 3/4 inch. Even something like 1 to 2 inches thick like what lasersketch.com has. Our company's located in Alberta and laser sketch has exactly what we need but the cost to ship from the states and conversion to Canadian dollars makes it pretty expensive.

We're needing a thicker material as we would like to engrave pet memorials.
    Epilog Helix 50 Watt (Corel X6)
    Roland EGX-600 (Dr. Engrave)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Mac View Post
    I'm looking for a granite/marble Canadian supplier that offers anything thicker than 3/4 inch. Even something like 1 to 2 inches thick like what lasersketch.com has. Our company's located in Alberta and laser sketch has exactly what we need but the cost to ship from the states and conversion to Canadian dollars makes it pretty expensive.

We're needing a thicker material as we would like to engrave pet memorials.
    \
    I generally engrave Pet Memorials on the thin stuff. Why so thick? It can be set into a (wet) cement base that has been poured into the ground and last just as long.
    Go to a place that does granite counter tops, or real people memorials they might have the thicker stone.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I was thinking a thicker material for anyone wanting to have a headstone they wanted to stand up than lay in the ground, but that's a good point with the wet cement. I didn't think of that, thanks for the help!
    Epilog Helix 50 Watt (Corel X6)
    Roland EGX-600 (Dr. Engrave)

+1 on Bill's suggestion, check with your local countertop fabricators for remnant pieces. You might also want to ask their price for polishing the edges for you.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

You could always engrave on the thinner stuff then mount it to a piece of granite or a flat stone with a good exterior epoxy . I did our ferrets head stone that way and its been five years now and its still attached and standing.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander