Thread: Delta 2hp motor lifespan with Sheldon impeller

Delta 2hp motor lifespan with Sheldon impeller

Has anyone used this setup? According to a post I found from Bill Pentz, it should be fine running, but it's the startup which may kill the motor.

I'd like to hear if anyone has had any issues with the motor dying usin the 14" MH impeller.

I ask because it's what I'm going to use (at least to start) since I already have the motor...

Thanks,
    -Mike

Me too. I bought the motor when that guy was selling a bunch of them.

I am thinking the sheldon impleller, making my own blower case and buying the $139 cyclone mentioned in other posts. The making the final filter also.

But the other consideration is the total cost comes very close to a Gorrilla. ( Which I think is a very good unit ).

Please post your progress.
    Bartee Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Bartee Lamar
    Me too. I bought the motor when that guy was selling a bunch of them.

I am thinking the sheldon impleller, making my own blower case and buying the $139 cyclone mentioned in other posts. The making the final filter also.

But the other consideration is the total cost comes very close to a Gorrilla. ( Which I think is a very good unit ).

Please post your progress.
    Bartee,
    I've posted a little progress in:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=22482

This other thread may be of interest as well:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=9933

I have made a little progress since those posts - I've mounted the 2hp motor on the motor plate (used Grade 5 bolts with blue meduim strength loctite rather than the cheapest bolts).

I have also built the cleanout box and mounted the 1st filter to it with 1/4" x 20 threaded rod (6').

The cyclone itself has had a can of truck bed liner sprayed inside, but I think some spots still show the primer I used, so I will use another can.

Unfortunately, I haven't taken any pics, but I'll try to do that sometime soon.

As for your plans, I agree that the Dust Gorilla is a good unit, and had I not already invested in piecess for building a Pentz Cyclone, I probably would buy one to save the time. I still think, performance wise, a Pentz cyclone outclasses the D.G. though.

I have spent the following so far:
    Cyclone & Blower parts (premade, directly from Bill): $230
    Delta 2hp motor: $100
    Filters from Wynn: $150
    Hardware: $15
    Bed Liner Spray: $15
    Trash can & 6" collar & 6" elbow: $40

So, I have $550 so far in it and I still need a short piece of 6" flex hose to connect the dust bin. I had the caulk & 6" snaplock already to finish the outlet. I also had the scrap 3/4" birch ply for the cleanut box, hinge & door clasp.

Cheers,
    -Mike

If this is Gary Macintyre's cyclone I contacted Bill Pentz about it & he said that Gary has some of his figures wrong. I believe Bill mentions this cyclone on his site.

I contacted Gary but he isn't very receptive of any outside information either.He is making money the way things are now & doesn't seem to want to improve his product or do any research to find out what improvements he could make.

Do some study on this web site.

http://billpentz.com/Woodworking/Cyclone/Index.cfm
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen