Had a customer ask if we could engrave a "burial box" he had made for his Dad. Basically just a box for the ashes that's sealed up and can't be opened. I told him we could do it, he stopped by with the artwork already done (gotta love customers that know Photoshop and Illustrator), and he shows me all the layouts, etc. Then he says "By the way, my Dad is in the box, so be careful with him. I hope that's not too creepy for you". No problem. He leaves and says "Take care of my Dad, he'd love this place, he loved working with his hands making things".

We have a chime on our front door that is motion activated. It's been there for 3 or 4 years I guess. That way we know when customers come in and we are in the shop working.

Yesterday, the chime goes off twice in a row, like 2 people just walked in. We went to the front and there's no one there. Open the front door, not a person or car in sight. We have vacant spaces on both sides of us, so we are by ourselves. Interesting....that's the first time that's ever happened.

One of the guys commented "I think it's the guy in the box", and we chuckled and said "Must have been".

Last night, it's about 7:30 and I'm working, the front door is locked and I'm here by myself. I'm running the laser and I hear the door chime go off. I figured someone had left something here and had stopped back by to get it. I get up, walk into the other room, there's no one there. I walk over to the door and look at the latch and it's clearly locked.

Keep in mind, this is a motion activated chime!

The customer called today to check on the progress and I told to come get it, he was playing tricks on us, and explained the story. He busted out laughing and said "That's my Dad! He loved playing tricks on people".

At least we'll have a fun story to tell for a while now