Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving a large laser

Dan,

Yes, the torch height is checked at each different cut. It's a great tool when you're working with metal that may not be completely flat. It's actually surprisingly fast, especially compared to my laser. 2 totally different animals, but still amazing results!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    I don't want to sidetrack (too much), but I'd love to know why the machine takes so long to start a cut... is it constantly checking it's height?
    Rabbit Laser 36 x 48, 80 watt laser
    Full wood shop
    Plasma cutting machine, 4' x 4'
    Vinyl Cutter

awesome idea kev CAN THIS BE ENGRAVED? OR IS IT LETHAL TO CUT

Quote Originally Posted by kev williams View Post
    although the job is done, i do know (imo) the best way to move heavy stuff around on the ground-

spend some money on a 2' x 8' x 1/8" thick sheet of hdpe...
    Cut a 12" long hand-hold hole on one end, and drill a couple of holes on the sides of that hole to add a rope harness.

You now have a teflon sled that will move 1500 pounds of stuff across concrete, gravel or lawn almost effortlessly, and will store on the garage wall...
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

My laser came with wheels on it. Just took the crate off and rolled it into place.
    GWeike LC6090 130 Watt 24" x 36" Table
    Shopbot 96 x 48
    Kossel Clear 3D Printer

The truck that delivered mine lowered to my parent driveway. I took the wood crate apart. The laser is on wheels so I was able to roll it where I wanted it. No pallet jack needed in my case. We then loaded into my dads truck. You will need 2 or three people. My shop at the time was on the 4th floor of a building. We took it off the lower portion and took it right up the elevator. It' heavy but not crazy heavy
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

I used a tilt and load flatbed tow truck. It weighed 1000lbs. It was on wheels though. Was very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bob View Post
    I used a tilt and load flatbed tow truck. It weighed 1000lbs. It was on wheels though. Was very easy.
    The last machine (not a laser) I had a flatbed tow truck move for me, even with $20 tips for the drivers, said please don't call us again to move anything!! They considered it to be a bother.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    awesome idea kev CAN THIS BE ENGRAVED? OR IS IT LETHAL TO CUT
    Not lethal to cut by laser, but not very conducive to cutting by laser either, if memory serves... melts more than cuts... drill and a jigsaw works!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

got ya thnx

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Not lethal to cut by laser, but not very conducive to cutting by laser either, if memory serves... melts more than cuts... drill and a jigsaw works!
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander