Thread: Dust Collection for Minimax FS41 Elite

Dust Collection for Minimax FS41 Elite

I have a Minimax FS41 Elite jointer/planer combo on the way, and I'll be hooking it up to my dust collector with Nordfab (Onieda Gorilla Duct) duct work. The dust collector is an Oneida 3 hp Smart Dust Collector. The main line is 6" wide. What size are the dust ports on the machine? If anyone has done this, what parts do you recommend for the connection?

Thanks,

Len

I use norfab ducting on my system. It is expensive, but very nice stuff. I keep my runs and flex hoses all 6". Then I special order the norfab 6" reducers to what ever raw ID I require. I just had then build me a 6"x4.72" reducer to fit the dust ports on my Felder saw/shaper dust collection ports. It fit perfectly.

I forgot to mention. My Minimax FS41 elite dust ports are 4.70" OD. My new 6"x4.72" ID reducer fits the FS41 perfectly. Mine is a 2008 model so not sure if the new ones are still this size. By the way you will love the FS41. Did you get the mortise table? Hope this information helps.

Thanks Darcy. From whom did you custom order the reducers? Nordfab or a retailer?

I did not get the mortise table. I use a Festool Domino 700 for my mortise and floating tenons, it is essentially a portable horizontal mortiser.

Len

I got my reducer from a norfab retailer. I order my stuff comes from Airmax Systems in Surrey BC. They are a Canadian dealer for Norfab. I talked with a Norfab rep at the Atlanta wood working show last summer. She told me about the custom sized orders that could be placed with any Norfab dealer. So that was the route I went.

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    I also have ordered custom reducers to go from 7" mains to the metric fittings on Felder machines (quick lock to raw hose). Custom made are not that different in price from standard imperial to imperial sizes and do not even take them very long to make them. Then I use a short length of metric hose to finish the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Rosenberg View Post
    I have a Minimax FS41 Elite jointer/planer combo on the way, and I'll be hooking it up to my dust collector with Nordfab (Onieda Gorilla Duct) duct work. The dust collector is an Oneida 3 hp Smart Dust Collector. The main line is 6" wide. What size are the dust ports on the machine? If anyone has done this, what parts do you recommend for the connection?

Thanks,

Len
    Hi, most likely 120mm port diameter..

MiniMax must have a coupler for it?

Felder supply one for their machine.........Regards, Rod.

Len, sorry: I must have forgotten to email you about this. No need to buy fancy fittings. Fernco (HD) or whatever Lowe's sells that is equivalent. Should be about $10. 5" size for the machine, then to whatever your dust hose happens to be.

Erik

Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Thanks Erik. That should do it...

Len