Thread: (4) Stroke Leaf blower

(4) Stroke Leaf blower

I'm replacing some yard equipment and want to go to a (4) Stroke Leaf Blower. I looked at a Dolmar PB2514 yesterday and tried it at the local L&G center. It was reasonably light at 9.9 lbs, ran smoothly and was very quite. It appears this company is now owned by Makita and is assembled in the USA from US and Japanese parts. Do any of you have experience with this make? Any other makes you care to recommend? I'm also going to replace my String Trimmer, any suggestions?
    thanks, Mac

Blog Entries
    I have a 4 stroke leaf blower from Makita. I bought it at Home Depot a few years ago. It's actually really nice. It's a little heavier than a 2 stroke. It's a little quieter. I actually like it a lot.

I'd say mine is similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-BHX2500.../dp/B001ASHLSU

Good luck with it.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    I have a 4 stroke leaf blower from Makita. I bought it at Home Depot a few years ago. It's actually really nice. It's a little heavier than a 2 stroke. It's a little quieter. I actually like it a lot.

I'd say mine is similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-BHX2500.../dp/B001ASHLSU

Good luck with it.

PHM
    Paul,
    Thanks, the Dolmar looks very similar except for color.
    Mac

My Billy Goat 4 stroke blower has a 13hp Honda four stroke motor. It clears an 8 foot swath in one pass, including sticks, limbs, and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    My Billy Goat 4 stroke blower has a 13hp Honda four stroke motor. It clears an 8 foot swath in one pass, including sticks, limbs, and rocks.
    That's impressive, sounds dangerous around small children and pets.......
    Mac