I have several older K Body clamps which I bought at least ten years ago. They have the wooden handles.
When I buy tools, I usually buy the best. These clamps were no exception. However, I don't know if I have ever really been that happy with them. A problem with these has always been they often seem to "bind" rather than clamp. And that combined with a thin, smooth wooden handle makes it frustrating at times. The old handles make it very difficult to really get torque on the clamp. Even resetting or re-engaging the clamp and or handle position often would be no help.

I spent hours last night researching these clamps and found a few other similar complaints. However, generally most comments or reviews have been stellar.

I know there are newer, redesigned K body clamps now. I am just curious if any of you have had similar problems and opinions of these clamps? Any modifications? Are the newer clamps much better?
After using these clamps last night and finally realizing that (after many frustrating years using them) they are really NOT very good, I decided to start researching options.

Thanks in in advance for your thoughts

Happy Easter