Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Source for 6" fittings for dust collection

I'm currently installing the ducting for my new DC system and am using mostly 6 inch sewer and drain pipe. I've discovered with some already pointed out in that the places where you can purchase the straight pipe from at a reasonable price (I paid around $12 for 10 foot sections) charge a lot for the fittings.

Luckily, I live in a state that has Menards stores. And their sewer and drain pipe fittings are very reasonable. If you live in one of the midwest states where they have stores I've found them to be the cheapest for these type fittings. As and example, the 6 x 6 x 6 Wye is $16.99 (https://www.menards.com/main/plumbin...009-c-9383.htm). And several times a year they have 11% rebate sales on everything in the store, so that's when I buy stuff like this.

Man that PVC is a cheaper than metal ducting. I have been building out my system using Oniedas 26 AWG metal ducting connected to a V-3000. With five drops its getting pricey once all the blast gates and flex house gets added in. Certainly didnt except my dust collection system was going to cost as much as it has but hopefully itll be worth it when its done.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

All mine is steel from a couple local HVAC supply shops. Lasted 3 years so far.

4. Menard's sells thin wall S&D pvc pipe and fittings in 6" size. If you don't live near one you can mail order from them.

Would you post the city your Menards is in that sells the 6" S&D? The Menards in my area does not sell it, I asked if they could order it and they said NO. Their policy is that if another store sells what you want to buy, they will have their truck pick up your order and bring it to your local store.

Hi Jim. I'm not sure what state you're in but whomever you talked is wrong. If you click on the link in my post for the 6 inch Wye I'm guessing it will take you to my closest store in Davison, Michigan. It shows they are out of stock because I went there last week and bought the last one they had. You click on the link at the right side bottom where is says "check another store for availability" to see their stock.

I checked on this Wye and stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin (that's as far as I went) and all had stock. If you tell me which fittings you're interested in I can give you the SKU numbers so you can easily check stock yourself at your Menards.

I needed 12 more 45 degree 6 inch elbows than they had in stock so I just ordered them from the folks at the Plumbing Dept desk. It's free shipping to the store. It usually doesn't take long when I have to order items from them but the elbows did take 2 weeks.

These fittings are expensive. Try looking for businesses which sell used building materials. I have found the great majority of my PVC 4" and 6" fittings, including Ys, 45s, reducers, and couplings at Urban Ore, in Berkeley, CA (conveniently across the street from McBeath Hardwood). I usually pay a couple bucks for each fitting, or less. They are gently used and sometimes dirty. You just have to dig through the recycled fittings in their yard. I clean them up and they work fine. Another nearby location is This and That in San Pablo, CA.