Thread: help me ID a furnituremaker in Hawaii

help me ID a furnituremaker in Hawaii

I have been asked to repair a couple of tables. they were made about a decade ago. they have koa veneer tops that are having a problem. I need information about how they were made- what adhesives were used, what substrate is under the veneer and what the finish is. the owner bought them from a gallery on the island. perhaps someone here would recognize the work or the signature.

tumblr_nmibyu39OP1qhrm32o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nmic0tMLDU1qhrm32o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nmic1pr3351qhrm32o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nmic20wCSn1qhrm32o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nmic2nHQCa1qhrm32o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nmic2yImTN1qhrm32o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nmic3gIe981qhrm32o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nmic4cgf2C1qhrm32o1_540.jpg

thanks!

Doesn't one of our cavemen live in Hawaii? Malcolm perhaps? Hopefully he'll chime in here.

Edit: Sorry, Malcolm's sitting on some virgin's island but I'm sure we have someone who may help.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Acharya Kumarswami lives on the islands, I believe.
    Paul

Try this-http://cliffjohnsgallery.com/williamson.html. The bio photo shows him working in an open shed, so it's not surprising that the top self-destructed when put in a dry environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    Try this-http://cliffjohnsgallery.com/williamson.html. The bio photo shows him working in an open shed, so it's not surprising that the top self-destructed when put in a dry environment.

thanks. I had a nice long talk with Mr. Williamson. he had some ideas, and sent me some wood.