Thread: Question for cyclone owners with filter gauges

Question for cyclone owners with filter gauges

I'm curious what kind of readings you see on your filter gauges with all your blast gates closed.

I have a new Oneida V3000. With no ductwork attached and the inlet covered, my 0-5"WG gauge reads zero, not surprising since no air could move through it in that condition. With a theoretical "perfect" ductwork system attached and all gates closed, the reading should also be zero--but of course, there is no such thing as a perfect duct system. Still, the gauge reading with all gates closed is a good indicator of how "tight" the duct system is.

After taping and caulking my whole system, my gauge is down to 0.3"WG. Is that typical, or do I need to break out the smoke sticks and go leak hunting?

Thanks!

D.
    I finally figured out how to deal with sawdust in my hair.

I shaved my head.

Blog Entries
    I don't remember the gauge readings, but I do remember that it meant I was leaking about 100 cfm. I would run down and check it, but am out of town now.
    NOW you tell me...

Wondering the same thing. I recently added a manometer to my system after installing a brand new wynn cartridge filter. The 0-35 WG dwyer guage reads 0, no movement at all. I got a 2nd liquid tube style and it reads .1 WG. I'm hoping as my filter gets dirty the reading will go up.
    Last edited by Mark Carlson; 04-14-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    With all the blast gates closed I'm reading .1.

Opening the gates 1 at a time I'm reading:

Jointer - .3

Planer - .2

Table Saw - .3

With all the blast gates open right at 1 inch.

Hope that's decent.

PHM

After a period of judicious hiss hunting, I've got my all-gates-closed down to 0.1" water. Given that the 13 6" blast gates are not 100% air tight, I live in the real world and the V-3000 could suck the hair off my head if I had any, I've declared 0.1" to be acceptable.

I love my new V3000. I'm also sick and tired of building my new DC system and ready to start making it earn its keep. Time to stop thinking about collecting dust and shavings and start making some again!

D.
    I finally figured out how to deal with sawdust in my hair.

I shaved my head.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Case LR View Post
    I'm also sick and tired of building my new DC system and ready to start making it earn its keep.
    I had an absolute blast designing and installing my DC system, one of my most satisfying projects as I knew it would have a part in every following WW project.
    NOW you tell me...