Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Tulo did get in but because some others got hurt but he got there...guess that is all that matters...and then grounded out to second to end the last rally for the NL in his only appearance. Oh well. Tough pitcher he faced.

Second half of MLB...here we go. Rox enter on a modest 4-game streak after sweeping the Braves at the Beer Can. They start on the road in SoCal, facing SD.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Blog Entries
    The Nationals are at home with a 3 game series with the Dodgers starting this Friday evening. The Mets are in town after that.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Tough pitcher he faced..........
    Well, duh!

Batters in that game do not face the #5 starter in anyone's rotation.

Excellent article in today's NYT on this very topic -- recommended read:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/15/sp...ef=sports&_r=0
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Hey !!!

I just realized summit........

My Tigers have a three day streak with no losses!!!
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Second half...here we go!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Second half...here we go!!

I know, Chris, I know........I get sucked in every year. Opening Day is Hope Springs Eternal, and then the sins and misdemeanors of the first half are all forgiven at the All Star Break, and we're gonna slay them suckers in the 2d half......

If Price keeps throwing like he has been throwing for the last 8 weeks, if JV repeats his last start for the rest of the season, if the 'pen somehow wakes up, if Miggy comes back in form, if V Mart don't get hurt, then the TIgers are a lock. What could possibly go wrong?

Langley and the rest of the KC rooters better be scared - that's all I gots to say............

That's a lot of ifs
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    That's a lot of ifs
    Yes, it is.

Still awake at 8 pm Kansas time out there on the northern edge of the Flint Hills, are we, John?

The bars close at 5:30. No milo to cut tomorrow?

Just having fun, brudda. I am fully grounded in the earth - literally - where you live, as you well know. Many generations of antecedents lived, died, and were buried not all that far from you......

And none of them would have been up this late...........

The Royals had a make up game this afternoon and a we won ,game tonight we're down one to nothing by the way the Royals top the list in Vegas to win the World Series Cardinals are Second and the nationals or third. I want to stay up late
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    The Royals had a make up game this afternoon and a we won ,game tonight we're down one to nothing by the way the Royals top the list in Vegas to win the World Series Cardinals are Second and the nationals or third. I want to stay up late
    Nice looking man cave you have there John. 2 TV's just in case you know, there are 2 games you want to watch. Dog bed nearby there for your dog. I'm guessing your eating something when you took the picture. Doggie looks like it's hoping to get some of it.

Looks like a cool place to hang out John.

PHM

Thanks Paul I use the second TV more during football season I keep Game day on it , he's a chocolate Lab he always looks hungry
    Thanks John

Blog Entries
    I thought it might be a lab, but I wasn't sure. Looking at you're avatar picture now I can't imagine why I wasn't sure that was a chocolate lab.

We're a lab family. We've had 2 blacks (Bill-12 years, then Mandy-13 years), One of my sons has a chocolate and another has a yellow. Mandy passed away last May, we just put a deposit down on a yellow lab puppy that comes home in August. We can't wait.

I do most of my TV watching from our family room.

PHM

Why sister lives in oakton are you close

Blog Entries
    We live about 20 miles to the West of Oakton, John.

She a big national fan.