Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Blog Entries
    I'm sure she is. Everybody around here likes the Nationals.

When the Senators left the area in 1971 the area went 34 years without baseball until the Nationals (Expos) came to town in 2005. They've been really well received by the area.

She hates the Detroit Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    Why sister lives in oakton are you close
    Hey - - I graduated form Oakton HS. John - you are seriously <raining> in my Cheerios.

Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    She hates the Detroit Tiger
    She knows nuttin. In fact, she has not had a glimpse of the Tigers for many weeks.

They have been staring at the north end of that south-bound hound for a long time, And, if you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Blog Entries
    Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers is a beast. 3 hits in 8 innings. 14 Strike Outs.

The Nationals picked up a couple of runs in the 9th after Kershaw was out of the game.

Final score was 4-2 Dodgers.

It was humbling.

PHM

I think David Price had 10 strikeouts by the 4th inning. Finished with 12?
    Unfortunately, the rest of the team picked tonight to make another bad pitcher look like a Cy Young winner.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Photo of Comerica Park, Detroit MI as Verlander pitches to the Orioles in the top of the 4th......

meltdown.jpg

OH, my aching head..............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

How many times this year has Ausmus let his starters give up 6 or 7 before getting someone throwing in the bullpen. By the time someone starts warming up, the game is over.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Grzadzinski View Post
    How many times this year has Ausmus let his starters give up 6 or 7 before getting someone throwing in the bullpen. By the time someone starts warming up, the game is over.
    If they are gonna make a run in the second half of the season, then JV has got to perform - including pitching out of jams he creates, like the no-out bases-loaded 4th. He can hang out with Kate all he wants - we are all jealous of him for that, eh? - but he HAS to start freakin' PITCHING DEEPER into the games he starts. Gotta be 6.x, at least. 7.x is much better.

Plus - Really, now - you got confidence in the bullpen to carry the load from the 4th inning? I don't. Ausmus don't. We've seen that dumpster fire too many times already this season. You can't honestly think those bozos could carry that load through the 9th.

If you have to start dragging that crowd of clowns into the game in the 4th, you have already surrendered, plus you are risking the next game or two, when you might need them in the 7th. Heck - bring in a position player to throw BP for a few innings....let the fans in deep center field get some [more] souvenirs.

Somehow, Dombrowski has not been able to solve the 'pen issues for the last 3 years. Then, they could not keep everyone at those prices, so Scherzer left, they traded Fister [which turns out to have been in their favor], JV sux, Price is brilliant, the other starters are roll-the-dice, or on a bus from Toledo.........

Siiiigh..sorry for the rant, Gerry.........not directed at you......your post was the launch pad, that's all. THis one really aggravated me - below .500 for the first time in 2+ years..........

Anybody in Atlanta was a pair of reserved seats from Tiger Stadium? Cheap?

Blog Entries
    Well, the Nationals got another dose of outstanding Dodger pitching today. This time courtesy of Zack Greinke (allowed 3 hits thru 8 innings, 11 strike outs).

The Dodgers won the series 2-1 and are on to someone else now.

Kansas City Royals ������
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Okay, I need a Mulligan on the start to the second half!!! *cry*
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Kent doesn't get any better than this Royals baseball and Yuengling beer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Actually, John - It does get better than that............

KC baseball and a decent beer is better.

THis is coming from a guy that spent a lot of time in Pottsville PA, home of Yuengling.

It's OK - no real complaints - but there is a lot better stuff, including your hometown Boulevard IPA, from KC.............

Blog Entries
    I like Bud. I've been drinking Bud almost 40 years.

If I was to pick my 2nd favorite beer, I think I'd pick PBR. Just like the taste of it.

Paul, brudda.............

You keep winning, and you can pick the MLB beer of the year, for all I care. I'll have no say in that argument, the way it is going..............