Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Arenado is something to watch on the field...truly a remarkable fielder and he is doing quite well with the bat, too. If he can bump his average into the low 300s, he'll be truly remarkable but as is, his RISP is near tops in the league hence why he is top or near top in RBIs.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Nothing like consistency..........

BoSox top of the 8th at Comerica Park.

Tigers 'pen rolls out their tried-and-true vaudeville act:

Dumpster Fire.jpg

Even their 119-loss season did not make we wish for the start of quote-professional-end quote football in Detroit. But these guys, after the promise of spring, are really pushing hard to make a case...................
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

After all that praise for Nolan, he committed 3 errors today but the Rox take the series and won today, 6-4.

Nice. Rox/Mets is a freebie on MLBTV today. I normally listen to the games.

Blog Entries
    I get the Nationals and Orioles games on tv. Nationals in Los Angeles tonight playing the Dodgers. Hope they play ok. Dodgers looked really good when we played them a couple of weeks ago.

PHM

Yeah, I'm 'stuck' with the Giants and A's.... It certainly is a challenge following my Colorado teams.

Blog Entries
    Originally from Colorado Chris?

Yep! Diehard Colorado sports fans. Love my Broncos, my Nuggets, and the Avalanche, too!!

I've been out in the BA almost nearly as long as I lived in CO but I don't see me converting...ever!

Almost feel like this deserves a new thread..........

Interleague Games. What a crock. Seriously.

Now - if you live in NYC or Chicago, I "get it". I understand the long-term rivalries in those two cities, and why you might be interested. You long to be able to pee in the Cheerios of your misguided friends that root for the wrong team.

But - not even in California. I mean, who is who, where is what, with those teams? I have never seen anything that looks like an honest-to-god rivalry there. Except the hatred in NYC against the 2 carpetbaggers that ran to California, and the Calif teams don't give a rats patootie about the teams in the other league, so even that doesn't count.

So - if seems to me that since NYC and Chicago have, at least, a semblance of an argument in favor of interleague, the other teams, such as my currently-woebegone Tigers, are forced to play a bunch of "who in the heck gives a damn" games against The Other League.

I find it supremely boring, and I think it did nothing to elevate the games for anyone other than four overwhelmingly rowdy, drunk, gangs of fans on subway systems in two major cities. If they want to rake in some big bucks from beer sales for those cities, great - let them add a three game series during what used to be the All-Star break, and keep all their money. Those games don't count in the standings, they are just for the money, and 12 months of peeing in somebody's breakfast food.

Which means - eliminate the interleague games. Eliminate the meaningless All-Star game [top pitchers hope for a soon-after start, so they get a pass, and top position players sprain ankles just before the break]. And eliminate pitchers hitting in The Other League - that's also nuts.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Abolish the DH. You play D to play O and you play O to play D...simple as that. Double switching strategy and such. Cool stuff.

Interleague is interesting, I must admit. Seeing an NL team use a DH or the AL pitcher batting...or the DH playing in the field...kinda interesting.

Giants and Dodgers is pretty heated...sadly, a person paid for it with his life a couple years back.

So who relieved themselves in your Cheerios, Kent? It surely wasn't the Detroit 'pen....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Abolish the DH. You play D to play O and you play O to play D...simple as that. Double switching strategy and such. Cool stuff.

Interleague is interesting, I must admit. Seeing an NL team use a DH or the AL pitcher batting...or the DH playing in the field...kinda interesting.

Giants and Dodgers is pretty heated...sadly, a person paid for it with his life a couple years back.

So who relieved themselves in your Cheerios, Kent? It surely wasn't the Detroit 'pen....

Giants and Artful Dodgers are same league, brudda - that doesn't count as an interleague rivalry, but it may well count as an intergalactic rivalry, given the widely different cultures of those 2 cities. Whackos from two different galaxies.

Your take on the DH is the classic line from The Other League - it is not about action on the field, it is about some arcane baloney that the cognoscenti get all jacked up about, while the game grinds to a halt. Ohhh - cool - a double-switch while they are in danger of running out of position players, or relievers, which might make them use a position player as a pitcher or vice-versa, forcing an outfielder to do a stint at 3d with a pitcher as PH, while everyone watching is getting popcorn. Or maybe they have some clown as manager that cannot figure out a lineup card three moves in advance!! Gimme a break, eh?

And - yeah - if my cheerios got peed in this year, it was the Tigers' 'pen. But that is not the reason behind this particular rant. That is simply the reason I have time to ponder the broader themes, since the actual games mean doodly-squat now. Tigers. Rox. Dead and gone for 2015.

We need a Pfffftth emoji.

No, it's not. When an AL team is in a NL league park, they have to sit one of their best hitters, and make another player bat that only bats maybe twice a year. So AL teams basically lose two hitters when they go to an NL park.
    The inter-league games are the least interesting games in the entire season.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Blog Entries
    I think it's very much a matter of personal preference. I don't care for the designated hitters. I like the way the National League plays.

PHM

Blog Entries
    The Nationals are very happy to be leaving Los Angeles. Greinke and Kershaw, Damn.

Hope things go better in San Francisco.

PHM

Gotta love it: AL vs NL!!! hahaha!! I will always feel like the DH is a cheat on the game.

It used to be only in the World Series where we'd get to see interleague play. Now we get more of it. I think it is good for the game...exposing the players to other cities and fans.