Thread: JB Weld

JB Weld

Is JB Weld as reliable as it says?
    if I were to want to mate a metal piece to a steel barrel and put 50lb stress on it- would it hold?
    does the paint have to be removed from surfaces?
    i want to put a sort of eye/hook/catch near bottom of my DC steel barrel (clearvue) to upend it for easier cleanout, so I can't violate the barrel or risk any small leaks-cyclone won't tolerate any leaks
    when barrel is full (now) I want to put contractors bag over top, lay on side, and pull bottom up w pulley from ceiling. I planned to put small hole in bottom (seal w duct tape) so air comes in, dust goes down into bag. Last few times process was a real pain
    been thinking about it for months.......got pulley and cord today, ready to roll
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Drill a hole, put an eye bolt in, and put caulk under the washers before you tighten the nut. No need to over think it or risk failure at an inopportune moment.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    Drill a hole, put an eye bolt in, and put caulk under the washers before you tighten the nut. No need to over think it or risk failure at an inopportune moment.
    I agree. JB weld is great stuff for certain applications, but it's not made to be used to glue something together like that.