Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lie Nielsen Flyer

L-N is putting on a show(ing) in Houston this weekend. I report back if I get a flyer next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Did this flyer happen to say anything about the elusive plow plane? I think I may have a better chance of seeing a Yetti in person at this point.
    I dropped in the showroom two or three weeks ago and overheard someone ask the young lady there about the plough plane. The gist of the reply seemed to be that they were fine tuning its manufacture to ensure a product that Tom would be happy to release and that it would be a little while longer.

If todays travels take me close and I have time I'll stop by and ask directly.

Caspar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Lie Nielsen demo was in Cincinnati last week. Maybe they send them out in the area the week after a demo??????

I am in Columbus and I got one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Vanzant View Post
    Malcolm, are you on St. Thomas or St. Croix? On St. Croix, there's a sawmill along the road in the NW highland rainforest. Plenty of mahogany salvaged from dead or downed trees (the law!), plus some other species.
    I am in St. Thomas, but know the place in STX well. That is where most of my mahogany comes from, and it is gorgeous stuff. I was ordering some veneer from a guy in the states and he even said that is the most beautiful mahogany he has ever seen. He stumbled across it on vacation. It is truly one of the good points of living here. I cannot get maple for my dream Ruobo, but I can get gorgeous 12/4 x 14' mahogany!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caspar Hauser View Post
    I dropped in the showroom two or three weeks ago and overheard someone ask the young lady there about the plough plane. The gist of the reply seemed to be that they were fine tuning its manufacture to ensure a product that Tom would be happy to release and that it would be a little while longer.

If todays travels take me close and I have time I'll stop by and ask directly.

Caspar
    Thanks for that info. Maybe next bonus will coincide with the release.