Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments...

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments...

Well, another weekend has come and gone. We finally got some much needed rain and now things are looking a little more like it's supposed to, green.

For me, It was a GREAT weekend. Fellow woodworker and buddy, Joe Tonich and his family came for a visit. So it was time to put up a Throw-Down for Joe and his family. It was time to join forces of Mark Cothren and his family, Joe Meazle, and me and my family to put things in motion to feed and host the gathering. Needless to say, it was FUN, Pleasant, and Pure Joy to meet, visit, and see the Tonich Family.

We spent some time in the shop over the weekend working on cabinets that I have to do for our church and I put Joe T on the PM 3520 to turn some Arky Pee-Can into the shape of a bowl. Now Joe has to be careful as Debbie is on the watch for him hitting her up for a new lathe.

Thank you Tonich Family for coming for a visit and you are welcome at our place any ol' time..

It's back to work today and more work on the cabinets tonight.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all....
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Cleaned up the tablesaw and put a new blade on her. Sorted through my lumber stack for some "keepers"....found several. Picked up some steaks and had a little impromptu grill out.

Now it's time to go on vacation. Leaving Friday after work for North Myrtle Beach. Look forward to a little R & R....though it rearely works out that way. Going to do a little parasailing, plenty of golf and of coarse lots of swiming.

My parents 35th anniversary was last week, so they had a big party on Saturday. My dad didn't know anyone was coming besides my immediate family so it was really cool. People from all different stages of my parents' lives showed up and we had a good time. First, however, they had us go to get a family photo taken--imagine getting parents, 5 sons, 3 wives/fiances, and 1 granddaughter to gather for a picture!

I also unveiled the buffet for my brother and future SIL on Saturday morning. They were quite pleased. It is being delivered to them today.

Steve Clardy stopped by for a nice visit on Saturday afternoon. Always nice to see him. Hope you didn't get in too much trouble with the wife Steve.

Everyone have a safe week,

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was an active weekend as we started our new fish pond behind the house...detailed in another thread. The 'rents are here for a few days as they wind down their summer vacation "up north" so the lawn got cut by my dad (he loves the tractor...and misses having one of his own) while Dr. SWMBO and I labored in the dirt. Once the pond is complete, I will be getting back in the shop to begin working on a few small projects that need done.

Cooked a nice leg of lamb on the grill yesterday and the DVD of the week was the third Harry Potter movie...enjoyable, but a lot more left out from the book than the previous two.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thumbs up Great Weekend!

It was a really good woodworking weekend for me. The majority of Saturday was spent working on the Basement Finishing Project, which I was very please with. Sunday, I felt like I needed to step away from the basement for a bit, and since my wife wasn't feeling too great, and the babies were extra tired and needed a long nap, I decided I would try and do something with the ever-growing bucket of 2x4 cutoffs I had under the mitre saw. I saw an article in this month's Wood magazine about making building blocks out of scrap wood, and I thought, "Perfect!!" I grabbed a piece of wood and cut a block using the dimensions listed in the article. I gave it to the twins to throw around for a minute, and came to the conclusion that it was too small. So, I doubled all the dimensions! This is going to work out much better. Before proceeding, I went to Lockwood's website and ordered eight different analine dyes for the blocks. They should be here sometime this week.

Here are a few pics...

Pic 1: The "before" shot of the scrap bucket, with all the blocks in raw form.
    Pic 2: All of the blocks milled out, ready for sanding. I still have to cut out the archs, which will hopefully happen this week.
    Pic 3: The glue ups for the tower toppers. Using the original dimensions, I would have been able to use a single piece of 2x4. But since I doubled the dimensions, I had to glue up two pieces, which will then get sized to a 3" cube, with two 1/2" grooves crossing in the middle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One busy weekend for me. Saturday, I installed architectural landscape lighting around the house. Unpack tons of boxes in the garage, ran around looking for a futon for my sons play room. Had some guests over for play and food.

Sunday, more unpacking of boxes (I have way too much stuff), got the wife set up to repaint the guest bedroom. Built some more garage storage, rearranged storage for ladders and stuff. Caught just a few minutes of the races and golf (no TV time). Got more tools out and then stacked on the work bench in the shop.... I need to show the shop some loving care and get it cleaned up and tools put away. Watched the newest XXX action movie, totally cheesy but still enjoyable.

Aw, back to work.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

I had to work Sat. morning. Got home, ate lunch, opened the shop, went back inside and laid down. 3 hours later I woke up. Blew that afternoonr to shreds. Sunday got back to the shop. Pulled the MDF parts of the cyclone down and put 2 coats of water based poly on them to seal them up. Patched some spots in the main bath at the house for my wife, built a stand for the cyclone to fit inside the closet I started for it. Started reassembling the cyclone. More parts coming this week for it. We also got a little rain on Sunday. Muchly needed but still not enough. The creek at the back of the property is about 2 1/2 feet down and not flowing. Skeeters are getting real bad!!! Otherwise a good weekend here. Jim

Worked on the door casing for the library door I've been working on. All the millwork is done, so it's onto finishing and installation. Installed a fan in the horse's stall to help him deal with the heat and humidity. Some serious heat and humidity up here this summer. Another few days of this heat and no rain and the farmers will qualify for disaster relief subsidies on crops. Oh well, the US weather map indicates that everyone is taking a beating this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield
    Steve Clardy stopped by for a nice visit on Saturday afternoon. Always nice to see him. Hope you didn't get in too much trouble with the wife Steve.

Everyone have a safe week,

t
    Naw. Wasn't too bad of a chewing I got. She was getting kinda hungry for supper before I got back though.!!

Had a family gathering in Arkie land Sunday in Rogers where I was born. Went early and stopped by Hatfield's shop and had a good visit with Terry and wife.

Left him some bedrocks to retro. And picked up a aircraft carrier Terry restored for me.

Not much shop time this week end LOML and I played host for our Granddaughters 1st Birthday party so between seeting up for 24 guests preparing the eats ,Grilling and clean up after the weekend was pretty much shot. But it was worth it.

Have family in from Ma. but actually got to squeeze in some shop time. Cleaned the surface rust off the Unisaw and the jointer and started on some mobile bases for my Disk / Belt Sander and Drill Press.

Did some grilling on Sunday YUMMIE

Greg

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Some shop time, some family fun and a little work.
    Family reunion brought out the folks from all over the area. Got called away on a work situation. Spent some time in the shop working on the DJ20 and milling some molding for home remuddling.
    Have a good week. It's back on the road again this week.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Not a lot this weekend. But, I finalized the design of some beds for the boys. I moved some lumber from my in-shop rack to my shed rack to make space for the incoming. I also bought some plywood to start the base drawer units.
    My 5 year old also rode his bike without training wheels for the first time. Good fun.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter