Thread: Would someone start a poll for me?

Would someone start a poll for me?

This is probably one of my sillier requests, but would someone start a poll on your favorite pen kits (companies, not types). I would do it, but I only know of 2 off the top of my head. I am hoping to discover what the best quality (assumming that the best quality is a brand that most people use) pen kit is.

Thanks
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Antwarg
    This is probably one of my sillier requests, but would someone start a poll on your favorite pen kits (companies, not types).
    Thanks
    Stefan
    Stefan,
    I have gotten my kits from Berea Hardwoods, Craft Supplies, PSI, Steebar and Woodcraft. I, by far, prefer Berea's kits. They have had problems with the directions for their kits, but they have been having them re-written. In that vein, I think that Woodcraft has the best directions of any kit provider, however, their prices are really out of sight.

Hope this helps.

Oh, speaking of PSI, I got their new catalog yesterday and was bowled over by their new scroll chuck, four jaws, the body, T bar scroll handle, T bar screw remover and a box for $154. Sounds great. Jim (Becker), since you live out there near PSI, have you checked out the new chuck system? Is it as good as it looks? I'll be out that way the beginning of September and I plan to check them out.

The destination isn't nearly as exciting as the path used to get there.

Blake,
    I started a thread on the PSI chuck but no replies yet. It looks good in the flyer..

Stefan,
    I have a Jet pen kit but as yet I haven't tried any pens yet. Someday soon
    though .

Quote Originally Posted by Blake McCully
    Oh, speaking of PSI, I got their new catalog yesterday and was bowled over by their new scroll chuck, four jaws, the body, T bar scroll handle, T bar screw remover and a box for $154. Sounds great. Jim (Becker), since you live out there near PSI, have you checked out the new chuck system? Is it as good as it looks? I'll be out that way the beginning of September and I plan to check them out.
    Honestly, I have not seen anything on the chuck (I own and use a Talon) and haven't stopped by MCLS (PSI's retail outlet) in years. Other than the Benjamin's Best pen turning tools, I was never overly happy with anything I purchased there...but remember that's a very subjective thing. They have many, many customers who smile.

Do let me know when you're going to be in the area...it would be nice to hook up.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

They just done this over at penturners.org and craftsupply won.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---