Thread: Laser Engraver Question

Question Laser Engraver Question

This is my first question, as I am a new member. I just took delivery
    of a new Epilog Helix 50 watt. I would like to know what a suggested
    speed and power setting should be for fleece and denim?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacque Jones View Post
    This is my first question, as I am a new member. I just took delivery
    of a new Epilog Helix 50 watt. I would like to know what a suggested
    speed and power setting should be for fleece and denim?
    Hi Jacque, welcome to Sawmill Creek! There is a forum specifically for engraving under the Woodworking Hi-Tech and Manufacturing section. I suggest you repost your question there and I'm sure someone will be able to respond.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Yes go to the Engravers forum theres tons on knowledgeable people who will help you.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

You just spent good money with Epilog. Your sales rep or the tech support people should be able to provide you with baseline settings.

You're also just going to have to get used to trial and error. Start off fast and with low power. Then raise your power until you get a good mark. If you're still not getting a good mark, keep the power high and start lowering the speed. Within a few minutes you should be able to dial in a good baseline setting. After that, it's about fine tuning, which may or may not be required.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Ditto. My ULS machine even used has a great users manual and a whole chapter devoted to materials and settings. I would expect nothing less from a brand new machine.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Jacque,

As mentioned on the other site where this question was posted, use a high speed, low power setting. I never can remember the exact rules of which links are allowable on this site and which are not but there are projects, settings, etc. listed under the Sample Club section of the Epilog website.

Additionally, there's a group of 3000+ Epilog (and other laser) owners on Facebook where these questions are answered all day long.

As someone else mentioned, tech support in Colorado, the apps lab in Colorado and your local distributor stand ready to help! Welcome to the Epilog Laser family!
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

Thank you for the responses. I called the Epilog help center and was told to try You Tube .. not the best response I could hope for.

Did you buy this new or used? If new then your dealer should be providing you with the info you need. If used then you may be on your own.

Well I cut both on my rabbit and generally you want fast speed low power but I can't tell you what those would be on your machine. I have 60 watt rabbit and cit those at 60 speed 15 or 20% power. hope that helps
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Jacque Jones View Post
    Thank you for the responses. I called the Epilog help center and was told to try You Tube .. not the best response I could hope for.
    Jacque,

Something doesn't sound quite right there. You called (303)215-9171 and they referred you to YouTube for speed & power settings??

Remind me where you're located? I saw it on the M2M forum, IIRC, but I don't remember what I read an hour ago, much less a couple of days ago.

You did get my message there, right?

You followed the links to the Sample Club projects that listed the speed/power used with a 45-watt system (close enough to yours to give you a starting point, I believe).
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts