Thread: Jessem Mite R Slide mounted to INCRA LS Positioner

Jessem Mite R Slide mounted to INCRA LS Positioner

I know there have been some who have been dissatisfied with the Incra Right Angle fixture for doing dovetails and have found a way to mount the Jessem Mite R Slide to the Incra fence/LS Positioner. I remember seeing a wood block attachment but also a metal version to mount the two together. Wondered if anyone accomplished this and how it worked out. I found a good deal on a Miter R Slide and since I already have the Incra LS Positioner/Fence I thought I'd upgrade to a really good setup.

I have had the Incra setup for a couple of years and love it. I recently bought a big lot of tools from a guy that was retiring. In this I got a Jessem router table setup. This is what I came up with. I used a piece of angle iron I had lying around. This setup is no less stable/rigid than with the Incra fence. I can easily install the Incra fence if I want to with the two fence mounting screws.

I'm in the process of mounting this setup on a new Incra router table/stand. I'm happy with it thus far.

Hi Bill. I'm a big fan of Incra positioners too, and tend to agree that the right angle fixture while functional requires considerable care in use not to cause a problem. It's anyway not capable of beings set to an angle.

There's been several variations on mating the Mite R Slide with the Incra that popped up, you probably have seen these but just in case. They definitely caught my eye, although i didn't jump at the time because the budget was a bit tight. The one weakness with the Mite R Slide may be the precision with which it sets an angle - but it by all accounts holds it settings very well and the layout is very well suited to using something like an electronic angle setting tool so it's probably not a big deal.

I'd be very tempted if i found one at the right money...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...n-unholy-union
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...a-Jessem-fence
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-angle-fixture
    Last edited by ian maybury; 09-02-2015 at 5:51 AM.

Hi Ian, i have seen those setups and i did find a nice deal on a slightly used Jessem but i haven't had time to get it set up and put to use yet. Once I've got it set up I'll post some pictures on my setup between two Festool MFT 1080 tables.

I've been putting this together in my head for a few years. Got it done tonight. My Incra/Jessem dream router table.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow...looks good. I'm hoping to find the time to get mine assembled soon. How did you end up attaching to the Incra?

Bill,

The second post in this thread shows the angle iron bracket I used to join the two. Works well.

Here is how I did mine. Allowed me to keep the dust collection hood unmodified.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good! The clear piece of my dust need replaced. Otherwise it is intact.

I have to say that Jessem make reassuringly solid looking stuff….