Thread: Kountry Wood Products

Kountry Wood Products

Hello, We are in the process of shopping for new kitchen cabinets. We saw the Kountry Wood Products cabinets at a local Hobo store. Has anyone purchased these cabinets? They appear to be decent cabinets for the money. Just reaching out to see if anyone has an opinion pro or con about this cabinet manufacturer. Thanks for any feedback, Mitch

Blog Entries
    They appear to have several levels of construction. Their base construction looks pretty flimsy. Looking at their construction details at their website, I would be concerned: "Wall cabinets feature adjustable 1/2" MDF shelves with bullnose, foil covered front edges. Base cabinets feature fixed center shelves." MDF is a poor material for shelves, it will sag over time just under its own weight and 1/2" is not good. They do offer 3/4" plywood as an option, but don't define the plywood type. The foil covered edges will not hold up over time IMO.

Take note: "Side and back panels are made from 3/8" vinyl covered particleboard." I'm not sure I would buy cabinets made with particle board as a lasting investment.

Also: "Drawers are constructed using 1/2" MDF with bullnose, foil covered top edges and dovetail construction. " I would go with the optional all wood drawer box.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 05-12-2015 at 8:38 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks for the research and feedback. I agree that the base level is pretty flimsy. We priced same cabinets with a couple upgrades like bottom mount slides, and different door, and a few non-stock sizes. The upgrades doubled the price. Think we may keep looking.

I have no actual info on this company, but I don't trust a brand that intentionally misspells with a K. Immediately sounds cheap and...cheap.
    Melad StudioWorks
    North Brookfield, MA

Thank you for your observations, Lee. You're one reason why this is such a valuable site.

Most guys who post on this forum build their own cabinets. Maybe you could post your location, and there might be someone on this forum who would build the cabinets for you.