Thread: Craftsman Auto Switch

Craftsman Auto Switch

I went into Sears to pickup a couple of the Craftsman Auto switches but they were out of stock. I checked around online and I am unable to locate them anywhere. I assume they discontinued them. Does anyone know where I may be able to pick up a couple of them. I have 3 of them in my shop and I wanted to get a couple more to throw in the truck.
    - Mike

Other outfits offer similar devices. For instance, here's on from Rockler -- http://www.rockler.com/i-socket-110m...-vacuum-switch.

On so many levels he Craftsman unit is superior to the IVAC / I-socket. AND it was less expensive. If I could find a couple more I'd buy them myself. That controller was one of the few things Sears had going for them in the end (before they acquired KMart).

Seras didn't buy K-Mart. Other way around, K-Mart came out of bankruptcy flush with cash from selling off the high price real estate they owned in the areas like Texas.

Back to your problem, try putting in the part number online at the Sears site. That will flush up any remaining stock if they have discontinued it. I've got three of them myself hooked to vacuums and small dust collectors, one at least 25 years old. Still works.

I looked at the i-Socket but I feel it is overpriced for what it is. The Craftsman works perfectly and is relatively inexpensive.

I checked for the part number and couldn't come up with anything. Oh well.

Thanks, fellas.
    - Mike