Thread: Titebond in vacuum bag?

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county

Titebond in vacuum bag?

Is there any danger that a glue that reacts with oxygen (which is how I think Titebond family of glues cure) will fail to dry in a vacuum bag? I am trying to laminate strips of 1/8" ply to a 1/2" ply substrate along the edges to create a shallow well in the center. It needs to be really strong when done and I fear normal clamps won't maintain an even pressure on the thin wood.
    Thanks.

The Titebond family of glues cures by getting rid of water. Titebond works just fine in a vacuum bag.

100% fine in a vacuum bag.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

I've done plenty of vacuum bag flat and bent laminations with tite bond, they actually make a cold press glue just for the purpose, no issues. Its not an oxidizing finish, it cures as Jamie said by loosing water, which acts as a retarder, and a catalyst too apparently. So bag away.
    "A good miter set up is like yoga pants: it makes everyone's butts look good." Prashun Patel

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    Thanks guys. Got the project in the vacuum bag now.

I've had good success with PVA in a vacuum bag, but not with Titebond cold press glue.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.