Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Footwear

Another barefoot turner here. My shop is on the fourth floor in an urban setting. If I were anywhere near Geoff's venomous snakes or ANY spiders, I'd be wearing chainmail hip waders!

+1 on the Crocs. After a day in boots or tennis shoes I can feel the strain on my lower back and knees. Crocs have support in the arch and just the right amount of cushion to make them comfortable and no socks are necessary. At the end of a shop day I kick them off and leave them by the back door in the "alert" position in case I have to make an emergency run to my shop ( it happens during times of intense creativity). PLUS------get a pair one size larger for colder months and you can wear warm, over-sized socks to keep you warm.

I'm a fan of Keen shoes for the shop. (I personally don't buy into the barefoot or sandals, as I feel there is too much risk for injury) Keen makes industrial shoes as well as sandal type shoes that still have a solid toe on them - these would be great for hot humid climates. I buy mine 1/2 a size larger and add another layer of insole and I'm comfortable standing all day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

I use scrub bottoms from SA and tenis shoes.

I agree with John here on the shoe choice. Keen shoes are quality and with the gaiters over them I don`t get shavings in my shoes. I turn in either shorts or scrubs in the summer. It gets Hot here 115+ so A/C for the Garage/Shop is a must. I have a set of these: http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/...n/austin/black
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.