Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terry Hatfield announcement

God Speed Terry...

I've been through a similar accident myself. Time does heal. It got my attention too.

Jim
    The lyfe so short, the craft so long to lerne.

Geoffrey Chaucer

Terry

bad as it is I'm glad it isn't worse and that you will be back in the saddle fairly soon. I think that sometimes our lives are like the farmer with the stubborn mule. Hitem with a 2x4 to get their attention. Sounds like a change of priorites for the better of all. Steve

Ouch

Terry,

Sorry to hear about your accident. Don't you just hate it when you do something that you knew better about doing? I've been there more times that I want to admit to. Sounds like you have made some good decisions and I wish you all the best. Shoot, I didn't have room for one of your eliminators anyway.

Heal quickly,
    Bob

Terry,

You have our prayers and hopes for a quick recovery. It is amazing what we think about at crucial times in our lives. Good luck and I know we will see you here at the Creek.
    Bob Nazro
    A Connecticut Yankee
    I've measured this three times and each time I cut it, it's still to short...

I was glad to read your response

Also glad you are able to respond so quickly. Hope you recover as quickly as possible, with as little resultant damage as possible. As with everyone else you and your family are in my prayers.

Jim
    Jim Fuller Lineville, Al

Terry,

Much as I would have liked to purchase a DE from you in the future, it sounds to me like you're making the right choice for you and your family, and you should have no regrets.

Best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery and for the right kinds of results in your life for making your decision. Those kids, they grow up fast.

- Ed

Terry,

I hate it that it took a personal injury for the wake up call. I wish you a very speedy recovery and don't worry about DE. Everyone that wanted one got one and are happy because of what you did with DE. Thanks for all you did and now....get back to your own life and the life of your family.

Gonna finish your mothers cabinets soon? ;-)
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Good to hear from you

Hi Terry,

Sorry to hear the message came at such a high cost. It was great to meet you in IN. Enjoy your family and life. I feel very lucky to be able to be at home with my daughters. We hope that you heal soon.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

The Good news is

Now you can focus all your time planning the next big Woodworkers Shin Dig at your house.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

Best Wishes - Quick Recovery

May we all be a bit more careful as a result of your mishap
    18th century nut --- Carl

My thoughts are with you Terry. Hope you heal fast. Don't let this make you too soft, I like your contakerous style.
    Jim

Whew

That's a big gut check for those of us just starting out in the woodworking area. I hope its a lesson I have already learned and I can do without the experience.

Good to hear you're back at it ...

thank the Lord for looking out for you and making sure it wasn't worse than it was. I liked reading your response. Good luck in what you decide to do. Our prayers are with you and yours.
    Thanks, Ron

Terry,
    Ah MAN.....Sorry to hear it, and my thoughts are with you.

Mark

Hey, Terry! You want one of those

hot dog detectors?

Seriously, our family is praying for your speedy and complete recovery. I get those powerful wakeups too. Do you think it has anything to do with the thickness of our skulls? God is good, though He often doesn't do things "our" way... fortunately. ;-)

And contrary to what Dennis said, not everyone got the cyclone kit who wanted one. Some of us procrastinated. So there are wakeup calls for that too, huh? ;-) That's OK.

The kids are with us for such a short time. DO it! Anything you put off is gone. Ours is back for part of the summer. Likely she will not live in our house again after this unless the Lord blesses us with it.

I admire your decision and respect it. Of course, it was sort of LOUD reminder wasn't it? ;-)

David