Thread: Anyone recommend a Chinese die caster?

Anyone recommend a Chinese die caster?

I don't do a lot of this work, but we quote something out that needs to be cast probably 20 times a year. It used to be easy work but now my cost is almost the same as the retail price on the net, which means wasting time talking to customers for them to just go online. Right now I'm working with an ASI middleman. I'd like to go directly to the source in China. I get plenty of spam from companies but I'd like to work with someone reputable and reliable. Anyone have a source they'd be willing to share?
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Ross

I have no specific recommendations but I have known people who had good luck with Korean suppliers.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I was hoping Rodney would chime in, since he seems to spend a bit of time shopping in the PRC. Or anyone use Alibaba.com to connect with a foundry? I've also working on a bronze casting project. Any referrals welcome.
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Clumpner View Post
    I was hoping Rodney would chime in, since he seems to spend a bit of time shopping in the PRC. Or anyone use Alibaba.com to connect with a foundry? I've also working on a bronze casting project. Any referrals welcome.
    I was hoping someone would chime in. I've been cold contacted hundreds of times by companies but I'm not interested in the aggravation of testing vendors out from overseas.

For bronze, you want to contact Gemini. They're our preferred vendor. If they can't do a job, we go to Matthews. Although I haven't dealt with them you can also look at http://www.fusioncast.com/.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

+1 on Gemini; Matthews too but higher
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Ross

Any chance that spin casting could be used for your application?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7