Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12x30 Workshop About To Become A Reality

Look at all them plugs LOL you did wire em first right??

Quote Originally Posted by David Nelson1 View Post
    Look at all them plugs LOL you did wire em first right??
    Yes, no lack of available outlets
    When cutting the opening in the OSB, my son wished I had waited and ran conduit and boxes on the surface.
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast
    Have built things from wood for years, will finally have a shop setup by Sept. 2015 !! OK, maybe by February LOL ……

Actually that is what I did do.

Blog Entries
    A little late to be suggesting it now, but I used a Roto-Zip to cut out my outlets. My walls are 13/16 OSB so it was a little slow, but it cut out the boxes perfectly.

I have plenty more to cut out
    The drill a hole and use the lig saw is working fine.
    I have a template I use because they are all at the same height.
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast
    Have built things from wood for years, will finally have a shop setup by Sept. 2015 !! OK, maybe by February LOL ……

Just curious... are you noticing a significant "off-gassing", for lack of a better term, from that OSB? I'm doing the inside of my shop right now also and it's so bad I literally can't be in there without a respirator on or my nose starts burning. In there working for very long and even my clothes have the smell in them when I go back in the house. I was planning on painting but now I'm thinking I may need to seal it all with something better than just paint. You noticing anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    Just curious... are you noticing a significant "off-gassing", for lack of a better term, from that OSB? I'm doing the inside of my shop right now also and it's so bad I literally can't be in there without a respirator on or my nose starts burning. In there working for very long and even my clothes have the smell in them when I go back in the house. I was planning on painting but now I'm thinking I may need to seal it all with something better than just paint. You noticing anything like that?
    Not getting anything like that.
    OSB has been stacked in the workshop for about a month.
    Been cutting out for outlets and switches this past week and nothing unusual. Just smells like saw dust.
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast

Thinkin I must've gotten a really "fresh" batch. I transported it in my truck for the 20 mins it took to get home from Lowes and my truck interior even smelled foul for a few days. I'm just gonna let it air out for a while I guess.

I'm cutting out for outlets right now too.... the only downside to having lots of outlets? Having to cut out for each one....haha

Just a little more progress.
    Fighting a cold

20150912_210235.jpg 20150912_213927.jpg
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast

Blog Entries
    Looking GOOD.....
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

The walls are finally done!!!!!
    And the ceiling has been started..... !!!!!!
    Can't wait to start painting after the ceiling is up.

20150915_194627.jpg 20150915_225024.jpg
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast

I typically only have one outlet per sheet of OSB - outlets are about on 4 foot centers. You seem to be closer to 2 foot centers! It's nice to have plenty and the cost isn't very significant. Looking good. I'm back to working on my shop for the moment. My wife got fed up with the mess my work creates in the house due to my demolish of the woodstove chimney. I hope to get the walls up before she is back to wanting me to work on the kitchen.

Blog Entries
    Get that ceiling done and everything painted, then on to some shop cabinets.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dwight View Post
    I typically only have one outlet per sheet of OSB - outlets are about on 4 foot centers. You seem to be closer to 2 foot centers! It's nice to have plenty and the cost isn't very significant. Looking good. I'm back to working on my shop for the moment. My wife got fed up with the mess my work creates in the house due to my demolish of the woodstove chimney. I hope to get the walls up before she is back to wanting me to work on the kitchen.
    The reason for all the outlets is that they are not all the same.
    Most are just a 110v 20amp group of 5 or 6 outlets on a single 20amp breaker with 12-2 wire.
    Some are a 110v 20amp on a dedicated 20amp breaker with 10-2 wire. These are for the main tools. RAS, Lathe, Jointer, Router Table, etc.
    Some are 220v 20amp outlets on dedicated breakers with 102 wire. These are for the bandsaw and the table saw at this time.

I should NOT have a shortage of outlets
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bickley View Post
    Get that ceiling done and everything painted, then on to some shop cabinets.
    Yes sir!
    Getting closer every day.
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast