Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What tool did you buy today?

What tool did you buy today?

Another forum I was a member of a long time ago had a thread where folks shared their recent purchases and aquistions.. I thought that might work here? Maybe not but what the hay.

Guess I'll start, Today I bought a CMT Rabbet router bit kit and a Nobex miter box, wanted an Ulmia but budget dictated otherwise..

I bought some grand kid pleasers, AKA chocolate chips, to make GIANT chocolate chip cookies for the June birthday bunch. Picked up framing for my neighbor's handicap ramp. His wife had a stroke in March, and can't return home until house is accessible, which it will be on Saturday, even if I have to erect tent to work under. For the first time in a month, it has rained (all three days this week.)

Bought a reconditioned Porter cable PCCK602L2R drill/impact driver kit with 2 1.5 amp batteries and charger at CPO. pretty good deal for $119. Warranty backed by PC and Google as it is a Google trusted site.

I am going the other way - I eliminated a light stand with 2 halogen lights. Old, tippy and pinched you when you picked them up.

Two 250' bundles of 12/2 romex and two Chamberlain WSLCEV MyQ remote direct wire light switches with each with a mini remote - controllable via a web app.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Maybe not a tool but a project. Remember the story about the eyes and the appetite?DSCN2967.jpg Dave

I picked up a Bosch 1617 router. Looking forward to using it.

Not exactly today but bought used 2012 Hammer K3 Winner 48x48.
    IMG_3876.jpg
    -Rob
    Last edited by Robb White; 06-04-2015 at 10:33 AM.

9. I ordered a 1-1/8" Forstner bit that might arrive today or at least in the next couple days. My current set skips from 1" to 1-1/4" and I needed a 1-1/8".

BTW, despite the bashing they get I bought the set from Harbor Freight and have been pretty happy with it. I have quite a few items that I buy from them and am happy with. Some of their stuff is garbage, but some has been a really good value. I find that there are items were I buy premium brands, items where I am happy with middle of the road, and items where HF stuff is just fine. You need to pick and choose which items are which, for me the middle of the road is the most common option, followed by HF, followed by premium brands. I am happy to have a HF store close to home.

The last tool I bought, a couple days ago, was a 5/8" hollow chisel mortising bit from Lee Valley.

The last tool I bought was two more of the Bessey Kliklamps from my local Woodcraft.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Purchased some 3/8" dowels to finish the assembly of some outside shutters, made of cypress for the house. Tedious glue-up of all those slats.

A new Timberwolf 1/2" 10 tpi raker blade to use for general purpose work on my new 17" bandsaw (which is now a week old, so I can't mention it here ).

My purchase of the week is a 8-Pc general purpose CNC router bit set, will try it next week.

I almost bought a Powermatic bench grinder for 75$ off of CL...... almost. Was only up for 3 hours, and though I check CL several times a day, fate would not have it.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last