Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something found at habitat for humanity restore

Blog Entries
    The DW screaming is the reason I have ear muff hearing protection in my shop. And if I leave them on, I can tell SWMBO I didn't hear her.

(not really)

OK Mike, try again to PM me now. Who knew I had so many PMs?

You can certainly have the gauge for the price of shipping. It's not the prettiest tool, but it does work.

I am still shocked by the fact that the blades are still sharp and working......plus extra blades!!

That never happens. Never, never, never.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I don't have any experience with that particular planer. I believe you can find a manual for it on Grizzly's site. I believe Grizzly, Delta, Woodtek and a few others sale or sold similar models. I have read the motor over the cutter head models are more difficult to change blades in as the motor gets in the way some. I know one person with one and he likes the fact he can set up aux outfeed and infeed tables and not have to move them again as the head goes up and down, not the table.
    Enjoy, and be sure to wear that hearing protection even if the tool seems "not too loud". It will take it's toll non the less...

John, always good advice. I am one of at least three members here that have been implanted with a cochlear implant device. If noise bothers me I can simply pull the head piece off and I am totally deaf. Not ideal but better than listening to loud noises interestingly, since a cochlear implant bypasses the ear structures that are damaged by loud noises, my "artificial" hearing will not deteriorate from exposure to noise.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Mike, you know a "real" motorcycle rider could tow that little planner in a cycle cart down from Medford!

If you try King Canada.com and look for the CT380C you should be able to print off a manual. I believe it is the same machine.

There is also a parts manual available.

Regards

Bob

Julian, I had made plans to ride my bike to Medford but that got cancelled at the last couple of days due to a variety of reasons. Maybe later when I have more time. I have a bike that could pull that but not something I want to do for 2200 miles

Bob, thanks for that info, I will check it out. Always nice to have a parts source.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Michael,
    I too am hearing impaired. My new hearing aids have a remote for them I keep in my pocket and are Bluetooth. I just hit the mute button and everything is silent. One of the only advantages of our disability.
    Interestingly, as I am an Industrial Electrician, I have found I can detect eddy currents and harmonics in motors and transformers that other people are not aware of. The feedback in my hearing aids makes it
    easily detectable. Perhaps I should ask for a raise? LOL

LOL John. Maybe you should. I wore HA's for 45 years and and am aware of that magic hearing ability. Leaking microwave ovens were my forte Amazing what one can pick up on telecoil mode. Made it impossible to use around strong electrical fields.
    Last edited by Michael Weber; 06-10-2015 at 2:36 PM.