Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grizzly G0766 Video - Motor Noise

1. Yeah I get that. I just meant that Grizzly made it seem as if these machines were gonna ship as fast as the factory could get them here and that didn't happen. I suppose I don't have a lot of knowledge about how things ship from overseas but Ive seen the container ships. They are huge. Obviously, at least 41 lathes were built and ready to ship when the first shipment left but only 20 could fit? m not buying it. None of it matters at this point, just an observation. I just didn't expect to see lathe number 33 and 41 off the line in the first shipment of 20 if they were gonna ship them as fast as they could make them.

Sounds like a VFD/motor match problem. Might be solved with a simple setting adjustment. Call Griz.
    Larry Kunkler

Bridge City Woodworks
    Beaverton, OR

"Wood Art From Nature"

Motor Noise Resolution

Grizzly called today with an update: internals are junk on the motor and they can't fix it.

So, they want the whole lathe back since I have the issue with the spindle threads as well. They didn't want to buy and send me a die.

They also wanted to wait to send me a new machine until they got this one back, which I thought was unreasonable considering the whole experience to date. It was going to take 48+ hours for management to make a decision about sending the new one out before getting the old one back, so I just ordered another one which is suppose to ship out next week. Another batch is suppose to arrive Monday.

They are are suppose to go through this one prior to shipping too ensure all is good. Also logged the tool rest issue with this new order and they should have a solution, apparently they had a replacement rest they were going to send me for the old lathe.

So, that's that. Tomorrow I will crate it back up, almost took the stuff to the dump over the weekend.
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

Wow!! I guess the good news is they have more coming in next week. Just a great big hassle. I hope your new one comes with no issues and you can get some turning going. Good luck with it all.

Red
    RED

Thanks Red, fingers crossed on this one.
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

Wow James I certainly hope they get this issue resolved for you! Glad they have more shipping next week. I certainly hope you will get a good one after all of this.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

I hope they can quickly resolve it to your satisfaction James. Once you can get back to turning the frustration will pass.