Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: second batch of 766's shipping?

I'm guessing 3rd round.
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

Quote Originally Posted by James Conrad View Post
    FYI: The shipment due in today is now scheduled for the 26th arrival at the warehouse.
    From the conversation this morning, the West coast shippment that was due on the 6/24 is now pushed to 7/15. I ordered on 2/4.

Wait, you ordered on February 4th, and have yet to receive it? I ordered on May 2nd. I guess I'll check back in December.

Not sure what order they are being filled. I ordered mine on March 25th and already have mine. I'm guessing some of the earlier orders either didn't clear credit cards when ready or something else happened as far as distribution centers. I'm guessing mine actually came out of the first shipment as mine is serial number 10017.

Still haven't had a chance to actually turn on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Waldeck View Post
    Wait, you ordered on February 4th, and have yet to receive it? I ordered on May 2nd. I guess I'll check back in December.
    I ordered the first week of April and just received mine last week. I'm not quite sure what order things are being fulfilled in or if something else is going on if a 2/4 order hasn't been shipped yet.

Bellingham apparantly has not recieved their shippment.

I see, so they're fulfilling orders based on both when you ordered, and where you live. Makes sense. Why ship individual tools across the country when they've got a warehouse that's closer to you. Since I'm in Massachusetts, my order is likely going to be shipped out of their Pennsylvania warehouse. I might get mine from the next shipment they receive there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    Fair enough, I know my shipment came out of their Missouri warehouse (and I believe a few other people have indicated the same).

Interesting, used to be all shipments went to Bellingham first. I wonder when they made that change.
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Lindberg View Post
    Interesting, used to be all shipments went to Bellingham first. I wonder when they made that change.
    probably shortly after I moved to Washington

Yesterday I was informed they expect my lathe to arrive at the warehouse on June 22nd, and they're going to reserve it for me until I get into the new house on July 27th. Needless to say, I cannot wait. From the reports of the GOOD machines, I hope mine is likewise as quiet, and solid. If I can afford it I am going to get the Hurricane HTC-125 chuck and the large dovetail jaws, and the right Teknatool adapter for the Nova G3. Keep the reports coming in, and please advise of the tool rest status.

probably shortly after I moved to Washington
    Everything I have (from Grizzly)I just drove there and picked it up. Of course when I bought the Table Saw there was -only- Bellingham.
    The day I picked up my ShopFox HEPA air filter I saw a sale flyer sitting out that advertised a lower price, starting the next day. I asked if I could get it at the price today, as I was passing through (work trip) and wouldn't be around for a couple more weeks. They called "upstairs" and an east-indian man in a suit came down and said "let him"
    I later saw a photo of the owner.... I figured it was him, and I was right.
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Picked up some 1 1/4 x 8 inserts for my Nova chucks and got them installed. I did need to file a little off the Lathe spindle for them to fit properly. Took it easy and removed a very small amount, they now fit flush on the spindle. I bought a small Easy Wood Tools (EWT) aluminum faceplate that came with a really thin nylon washer that I will probably use with everything I put on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belton Garvin View Post
    Picked up some 1 1/4 x 8 inserts for my Nova chucks and got them installed. I did need to file a little off the Lathe spindle for them to fit properly. Took it easy and removed a very small amount, they now fit flush on the spindle. I bought a small Easy Wood Tools (EWT) aluminum faceplate that came with a really thin nylon washer that I will probably use with everything I put on it.

That little thin washer quickly stretched and distorted on my lathe so I wasn't getting even pressure between the faceplate and lathe. You might have better luck but watch out for the washer being too weak to be functional. I don't think mine lasted ten hours before it hit the garbage can.

Hu