Thread: SuperMax Tool (19-38) Promotions?

SuperMax Tool (19-38) Promotions?

I'm interested in a Supermax 19-38 drum sander and was wondering if Supermax ever runs promotions or discount coupons for their products?

Thanks, Michael

Bump! Anyone aware of any Supermax sales for Black Friday or X-mas? thanks, Michael

I've watched over the past year and bought one in October when a Wixey was included for free. The other bundle I saw was from Rockler for extra sandpaper and casters, but they charged shipping surcharges for residential delivery and lift gate. Those have ended though. I bought from Acme Tools with free shipping (included residential and lift gate) for the 19-38 with base, bought casters from HD and good to go. Superb sander. I also bought rolls of sandpaper from Klingspor to cover all the grits I wanted and will just cut the ends myself. Much cheaper that way.

If deals don't show as of now, then I doubt you'll see any appear.
    Last edited by John Schweikert; 11-28-2015 at 12:27 PM.

I have been looking at the 25-50. You might contact Jeanne Perry at Tools-Plus. They just had a tool-a-rama sale but SuperMax was not on the list. I'm sure she would tell you when/if it ever goes on sale. I never inquired because they don't sale the 25-50. I think woodcraft has a 10% off all power tools sale but I don't remember when it happens. If you have a store near you you can have it shipped there and pick it up at no cost.

Any Woodcraft 10% off power tools always comes with lengthy fine print, excludes Festool and all stationary power tools. Any discount on Laguna, Rikon, Jet, Powermatic, etc will be brand specific and never a global "all brands" discount. Supermax has no issues selling their product, hence little need for incentives. You will see free accessories with a Supermax at times but a discount will be hard to find ever.

Thanks for the comments! I'm ready to make a purchase and might even do it today. With the Jet sale ending today I can get the Jet 16-32 for $952 including shipping or the Supermax 19-38 for about $1540 including shipping. For all the supposed benefits of the Supermax machine....its hard to believe the $588 premium is worth it. (Edit: Acme Tools has free ground shipping (lift gate?) but it's still $448 more)

Michael
    Last edited by Michael Sapper; 11-30-2015 at 2:25 PM.

The only deal I've been able to find with the supermax 19-38 drum sander is with a free digital read out, an assortment of sander paper ranging from 60-220 grit and everything in between and a sand paper cleaning stick. That's the deal Rockler offered when I picked up 19-38.

Michael,

I don't have experience with the Jet 16-32 or the Performax prior to that which Jet bought and relabled. The original Performax guys created Supermax. In general when I was researching both Jet and Performax sanders, the same complaints were common on sandpaper changes and machine adjustments, conveyor belts not staying in line. All I can say is that changing the paper on the Supermax is simple and easy with never a problem. The conveyor has never needed adjusting. Supermax has better designed tensioned clamps for the paper ends. While my main grit is 80, I do change to 120 and 180 often for specific projects. Dust collection is excellent. I have a Jet 1150cfm dust collector connected and have only hints of dust on the conveyor belt. Supermax states 20A load on the sander but I think it's less. I run the dust collector 11A and the Supermax 19-38 20A on a single 30A line with no issues.

The Supermax 19-38 head is heavy, about 190 lbs. I moved the boxes and assembled it all my myself, but I wouldn't recommend it. A buddy's help would be better. I was able to get the main box from my truck bed to my table saw top, unpack and move it laterally onto the assembled base.

I view the premium price over the Jet as a small cost for hassle a free experience in setup and regular use. Acme is out of stock so no hurry there, but best option with free freight.

Michael,
    Plus 1 on everything John S has pointed out. I fully believe that the SM is easily worth the additional $350, I know that I was ready to spend the additional dollars when I found my 25/50 on CL . Acme had the best deal with no tax and free delivery. BTW - the head on the SuperMax is cast not tin.
    Last edited by Bill McNiel; 11-30-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    I got mine direct from Supermax who matched a free shipping / extension table offer or some such. Acme Tool has it for $1399 with free shipping right now. Unfortunately I couldn't order it without the stand which is basically useless for anything other than holding the machine off the floor. I can't give up that kind of real estate without some sort of benefit and so built this.

19-38-stand(25).jpg

Same footprint, lots more storage ;-)
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 11-30-2015 at 12:25 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I talked to Tools-Plus and they said SuperMax never goes on sale. I have put my hands on a 16-32 and wouldn't even consider it for several reasons. I think my Grizzly 18/36 is more ridged. I am holding out for the 25-50 over the Jet 22-44. Will probably bite the bullet post Christmas.