Thread: Best place to buy genuine Tersa carbide inserts

Best place to buy genuine Tersa carbide inserts

I have decided to do my kitchen ceiling in some Makore I have in stock and need to bite the bullet and get carbide in 520mm length. Have not been impressed with clones in steel, but it is not out of the question.

Price is an issue as there is obviously no profit in my own house.

Thanks, Larry

http://www.oellasawandtool.com/brands/Tersa.html

Genuine Tersa. I think Carbide Processors has them as well.

Larry, got some get service and price from tersaknives.com, the knives are genuine Tersa.. I have personally only bought M42+ from them.. The Canadian to US exchange rate is pretty favorable too..

8x to 10x the price (depending on vendor) to upgrade from HSS to carbide. Ouch!

Dave sent me clones last time, and does not stock. Carbide Processors are insane on price, and clones.

I called Simantech, must be lunch, no one answered, but......

While looking over the Martin stuff, its all FREE! Hey that's what it says...... I'll take one of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert LaPlaca View Post
    Larry, got some get service and price from tersaknives.com, the knives are genuine Tersa.. I have personally only bought M42+ from them.. The Canadian to US exchange rate is pretty favorable too..
    Thanks Robert.

Glad Simatech didn't answer the phone, I saved $40!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    Thanks Robert.

Glad Simatech didn't answer the phone, I saved $40!
    Larry, always glad to help out another forum member.. Is the $40 saving per knife or all in?

The only problem with TersaKnives.com - is they only sell in multiples of 2 where SimanTech sells by 1.

So if you only need 3 knives...

Larry, always glad to help out another forum member.. Is the $40 saving per knife or all in?
    I have a four knife head but am going to run two carbide, two steel, so two knives.

Quote Originally Posted by John Huds0n View Post
    The only problem with TersaKnives.com - is they only sell in multiples of 2 where SimanTech sells by 1.

So if you only need 3 knives...
    Ah we have already been down this road, my machine takes three knives.. So either one buys four knifes and next time only need to buy two knives, or just buy six knifes

Ah we have already been down this road, my machine takes three knives.. So either one buys four knifes and next time only need to buy two knives, or just buy six knifes
    So what do you think my chances are of me being able to find this "extra knive" when it comes time to buy the 2nd set at a later time

I have a place on the machine for knives, dull and sharp as I reuse dull on occasion. I very seldom change out all the knives at once, most times just one, very special stuff two, and only on hard, expensive, highly figured wood will I change all four.

My solution to the three knife problem, buy six!

W. Moore profiles is good vendor. According to their site, $137 and change per 520mm carbide knife...

http://www.wmooreprofiles.com/c-999-...aspx?pagenum=2

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Larry the other option is to run a pair of dummy knives, Mine are from tersa and came with my mahine
    Tom