Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know what happened to Adam Cherubini?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Does anyone know what happened to Adam Cherubini?

Hello Gentlemen
    I am a great admirer of Adam Cherubini and his writings and workmanship. I see that he no longer contributes on the Popular Woodworking website and his own website hasn't been updated for some time. Does anyone know how to contact him? Thank you

I can't help with any updated information, but I find it odd that Popular Woodworking magazine still runs his old postings in his blog even though it was last updated some time last year. Do they not read their own web pages?

I recall him posting something to the effect of a day job interfering with the woodworking avocation and his ability to do the "Art & Mysteries" column. It seems that was a couple years back, but things like day jobs tend to go on and on.... I also enjoyed his well thought out contributions. A purest is a good ingredient. The good news is, his particular style of white stocking woodworking will never go out of style.

Of course we do. But a lot of people still read and enjoy Adam's work, so even though he's not able to contribute at the moment, we see no need to not make accessible what he's written in the past.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Miguel View Post
    Hello Gentlemen
    I am a great admirer of Adam Cherubini and his writings and workmanship. I see that he no longer contributes on the Popular Woodworking website and his own website hasn't been updated for some time. Does anyone know how to contact him? Thank you
    Well... there's always the "Contact Me" button on his website: adam.cherubini@verizon.net

I sent him an email in February, 2013 asking about 1620's woodworking for my daughter's social studies class (4th grade). His reply
    still makes me giggle. (Briefly, they were too busy starving to do any woodworking. And some sarcastic comments about history teachers that I won't repeat.)

There's been a shakeup at PWW.

Few woodworkers with any trade experience remain.
    They're leaning on user submissions to fill their pages.

I wouldn't doubt that someone so savvy as Mr. C found
    an alternative revenue source.

I won't be renewing, this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    There's been a shakeup at PWW.

Few woodworkers with any trade experience remain.
    They're leaning on user submissions to fill their pages.

I wouldn't doubt that someone so savvy as Mr. C found
    an alternative revenue source.

I won't be renewing, this time around.
    Neither will I....

Is this a recent shake-up?
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

There is a natural cycle woodworkers go through and the Web has kind of made the learning curve easier. I got to the point where I don't need any more magazines and hopefully will never buy another one. I probably have a thousand. What should happen is that people who are starting out should buy magazines to build the projects in them which in turn teaches them to design their own projects. Just because a magazine does not contain something of interest to me is not the fault of the magazine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Hi Megan

I find it interesting that there is an incentive (usually in the form of a download) to become a new member, but nothing of the same to renew a subscription. Indeed, the incentive is to allow a subscription to lapse, then rejoin for the free gift!

Regards from Perth

Derek (about to renew)
    Last edited by Derek Cohen; 06-15-2015 at 9:21 PM. Reason: dyslexic

Hmmm....I thought we were offering an incentive with renewals. I shall revisit that.

I can't absolutely confirm with PWW (but I'm pretty sure I've done it with them too), but whenever I see a good subscription offer on one of the titles I receive, I buy it and get the free whatever or the discounted rate and it just adds on to the end of my subscription. I think that i bought enough of those five dollar offers for Woodcraft magazine that the earth will be swallowed up in the expanding perimeter of our sun as it enters it's red "giant" phase before it expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    Hi Megan

I find it interesting that there is an incentive (usually in the form of a download) to become a new member, but nothing of the same to renew a subscription. Indeed, the incentive is to allow a subscription to lapse, then rejoin for the free gift!

Regards from Perth

Derek (about to renew)

Blog Entries
    I have problems with their site.
    I don't know if it's my computer or their site.
    I subscribe to the magazine, but I'm not getting much out of it anymore.

Folks,

Kindly note that this thread is a bit over a year old. FYI.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.