Thread: 23 gauge pin nailer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

23 gauge pin nailer

At the same time a contractor is building a kitchen addition for us, we had him install all new windows. I insisted they use windows with nail flanges. The contactor installed the exterior trim and I am painting it.

I am doing the interior trim. For the picture frame mitered corners, I had read and the contractor told me he likes to put a single 23 gauge pin nail to secure the mitered corners together while the glue dries. He offered to let me use his 23 gauge pin nailer as he doesn't use it often. I have enough projects where I could use a pin nailer so I purchased one.

Today my Hitachi NP35A 23 gauge pin nailer arrived. I took it to the shop and gave it a test drive. It drove everything from 5/8" to 1 3/8" pin nails into white oak like it was nothing with my air compressor set at 90 PSI.

I finished assembling my outfeed table today. I will put a finish on it later but now I can begin using the outfeed table while ripping red oak for the window trim and pre-finishing it.

Then the little pin nailer will get it's real test. With the initial test drive, I was impressed.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 06-16-2015 at 10:25 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....